Sign in to follow this  
Stef_Vento

Fitting a VR6 into a G60 - crossmember and bonnet question

Right my C was originally a G60. I want to put a VR6 lump and I have a few questions...:confused4:

I know the subframe needs changing...thats sorted. I also know that the VR6 front crossmember is different to the one currently on my car... But as far as i can work it out I don't see a reason why my current crossmember and solid front mount wouldn't fit. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Also bonnet wise... I have the 'normal' one. Would this shut with the VR lump in there? Is it possible to make it shut? ie. modifiy it somehow?:scratch:

thanks

sell yer G60 and buy a VR6..............not worth the hassle doing the swap afterall there's plenty nice C VR's going cheap now

sell yer G60 and buy a VR6..............not worth the hassle doing the swap afterall there's plenty nice C VR's going cheap now

Not an option. Have car and engine and i can do the conversion myself. Plus how often do you see a corrado with no sunroof and factory aircon?

Your gonna need a late bonnet I'm afraid and also bear in mind that alot of the VR6 drivetrain parts are mk3 based (widetrack) unlike the G60 which is mk2 4 stud...

I take it the G60 engine is knackered otherwise why would you want to convert?