Sign in to follow this  
kerrinmay

Fitting Cold Start Valve/Injector

How easy is it to fit a new Cold Start Valve/Injector on a 2.0 16v? Anyone have any experience of this/instructions?

How easy is it to fit a new Cold Start Valve/Injector on a 2.0 16v? Anyone have any experience of this/instructions?

two small allen head bolts (use an allen socket not a key), and one small electrical connector, then the fuel line which should really have two new alloy washers, but you can get away re-using the old ones, just make sure it doesn't seep fuel on startup. you may well need the little gasket that goes between the valve and manifold too.

David.

Thanks for the info. Just placed my order with GSF - should arrive to them tomorrow morning, so I can collect on my way home tomorrow.

just make sure it doesn't seep fuel on startup.

Not only start-up. The fuel line to the cold-start valve is at system pressure (over 6 bar) so it'll leak, if it's going to, as soon as the pump is primed.

That also means it may spray fuel when you crack the fuel line union bolt, depending on how long the car has sat for since the pump last ran, so keep your rag handy for that too!

Fitted my new cold start valve at the weekend, and as you guys said, it was a very easy task! I'd sprayed the fittings with some Plus-Gas a couple of days before, and everything came undo nicely!

Only problem, doesn't look like it's solved my starting problem! Guess I'll be looking at new injectors next? Also, probably ought to change the HT leads.

Not really got another thread. I did post a few things in a thread about injectors as thought that might be the problem. So feel free to post advice in here if you like.