Sign in to follow this  
IWANTASTORM

To all you Glasgow kids

Hi everyone, I dont have a corrado but am thinking of buying one and I want to use this thread to ask you guys something

I had virtually decided to buy a corrado but I am in the final stages of buying a flat in shawlands. The problem is that the flat is just off Kilmarnock road on Coustonholm Road. That is the one at the bank of scotland near the "Cart" and there is a huge speed/access bump there. I have to go so slow in my golf V6 and I think the front valance on the Corrado is even lower and would hit badly. Do any of you know the junction I am talking about and can the VR6 make it over. If I can't get easy access to the street then it's not really practical to buy a corrado. I am not parking it two or three streets away thats for sure and I dont relish the thought of having to go all the way round pollkshaws every time I want to go towards town or battlefield.

Please can you advise or even have a look for me.

Thanks Ian

Dont know the area, but I dont have many problems with my lowered vr6 and the car park entrance going into my work is pretty bad.

Were having a meetup next week if ure interested in coming along and checking out some c's. The Quay, 19.30 Wednesday 24/09

Hey IWANTASTORM

U should come next wednesday and you will see how low your golf is compared to the C.

If your interested send a post in "glasgow meet"

DM

This speed bump is around 8 inches high and when I watch normal family cars go over it nearly all come within an inch of contact. I just cant see a corrado getting over it.

BTW I reckon I will come along on wednesday to have a look. I will mention it to a mate who has a 92 G60 too.

Was out-and-about in the South Side this morning so I swung around your way...

My VR is lowered 40mm and cleared the speed hump fine! G60s with the 90mm spoiler might scrape a little but the plastic is fairly (!) flexible. In my experience

the cat is the lowest point that tends to ground out, and I did get a lot of problems before I strapped all the heat shields tight and re-hung the exhaust with new rubbers.

One less excuse not to get a C! :D

Iv been over a few large speed bumps today and my G60 scraped slightly, but like johnj says the plastic is quite flexible.

think u would be fine mate

is your mate with the 92 g60 on the forum??? If he's not, get him on here 8) :D

DM