Sign in to follow this  
Exup Man

Poor Pickup on G60

I have a ’91 G60.

First of all – passed the MOT yesterday - straight through after 3 years of replacing various callipers, brake lines and gaiters.

Now for the problem. A while back it started to miss a beat coming of roundabouts and occasionally the idle was erratic. Changed fuel filter, plugs, leads, rotor arm, dizzy cap, Lamda and vacuum line to the ECU.

For a while there was an improvement. Now its started playing up again when warm (after driving for 10miles and then leaving to stand for 1 hour). It starts fine but when you start to drive it coughs and splutters and will not pick up for ½ mile. I’m not sure if its starvation or flooding. Once it does pick it will be fine until I stop again. This only happens when warm.

I checked the vacuum lines again the one to the carbon canister had perished. I repaired that but it still does it. I’m getting a little concerned as it seems to take longer to pick up each day.

Quick update.

I have had a look around the earth's nothing seems out of place. After reading several posts on similar problems I unplugged the Lambda, I've only tried it once but the problem did not re-appear.

Can someone give me a brief overview of when the Lambda is used?