jedi-knight83

Cambridge Autogleam vs Ferrari 599 GTO pg38

what is the owners take on it - hope he stands by your committment to getting the car correct - the painter is likely to admit he f00ked up?

blinding job mate, how long does the effects last - what kind of maintenance do you need to do to keep looking tip top?

Lippy, with regular cleaning the shine will be locked under the wax for a good few months. The wax itself will give protection for 6+ months.

All the care it really needs is

-Good rinse to remove dirt and Dust

-Wash with gentle shampoo (Autoglym shampoo and conditioner is perfect)

-Dry with gentle drying towel. I use Sonus Der Wunder

You could also spray it with a quick detailing spray while its still wet and then dry. this would also help prolong the wax.

Hello again.. been a busy week!

Todays car was a dark blue Audi A6.

Products used:

Autoglym (AG) Wheel Cleaner

AG PM3 TFR

AG Shampoo and Conditioner

Sonus Der Wunder drying towel*

AG Super Sheen

AG Super Resin

Collinite 476s*

Megs Last Touch*

AG Fast Glass

AG Glass Polish

AG Vinal and Rubber Care

AG Leather Feed

*Purchased and Available from Clean Your Car

Rolled the car out of the garage and could see just how swirly it was!! Due to time and expense though it was decided that a full machine polish could wait till summer... SO this was a chance for the Super Resin Polish to do its magic.

Before shots. The whole car was as swirly as the 2 sample shots.

MarcusAudiA6.jpg

MarcusAudiA61.jpg

MarcusAudiA62.jpg

MarcusAudiA63.jpg

Wheels cleaned with AG Wheel Cleaner and both the AG and Megs wheels brushes.

Car then covered in TFR including door and boot shuts and engine bay. Pressure Rinsed.

Then shampoo'd with AG Shampoo and Conditioner.

MarcusAudiA64.jpg

Dried and then Clayed with Megs quick clay and Last Touch. Most panels came up like this

MarcusAudiA65.jpg

Car the covered in Super Resin Polish to see what it would do with the swirls. They were VERY bad so i wasnt expecting miracles.

MarcusAudiA66.jpg

Once off though it had definately done a great job in masking them. These pics were before the collinite. Unfortunately the light had really changed so its not a true comparison by photo and from the low angles i could get down to there were still 30-40% of the swirls visible but it was still a pretty good job!

MarcusAudiA67.jpg

MarcusAudiA68.jpg

Then 2 coats of Collinite 476s before my favorite part.... blasting and wax out of shuts and door handles and getting those beautiful beading shots

MarcusAudiA69.jpg

MarcusAudiA610.jpg

MarcusAudiA611.jpg

MarcusAudiA612.jpg

MarcusAudiA613.jpg

Then did the trim and glass before the interior. Leather was cleaned and fed with Autoglym products.

Afters (forgot any of the interior but it was a nice cream leather.

MarcusAudiA614.jpg

MarcusAudiA615.jpg

MarcusAudiA616.jpg

MarcusAudiA617.jpg

MarcusAudiA618.jpg

Thanks for looking... im having a weekend off now :D

Good evening everyone. just spent the best part of 8 hours doing this..

The car was a 2005 Meteorite Grey Aston Martin DB9. The owner had his own zymol set consisting of Concourse, Atlantique, Destiny and Vintage. After a bit of discussion we decided to go with destiny as it has better durability and the DB9 does get used a bit over winter. Also there were a few swirls but we decided to leave them until the summer as they werent too bad.

Products used:

AG PM3 TFR

AG Super Sheen

Zymol HD Cleanse

Zymol Destiny

AG Fast Glass

AG Glass Polish

AG Vinal and Rubber Care

Gliptone Leather Cleaner*

Gliptone Liquid Leather conditioner*

Collinite 476s*

Megs Last Touch*

Megs Quick Clay

AG Rubber Cleaner No5

Before shots..

PaulsDB9.jpg

PaulsDB91.jpg

PaulsDB92.jpg

So... wheels cleaner with AG Wheel Cleaner. Sprayed, Scrubbed with AG and Megs brushes, Rinsed... repeated 3 times per wheel as they were really dirty!

Then the car was covered in a TFR mix and then rinsed before shampooing with AG shampoo and conditioner... a nice frothy mix again as you can see...

PaulsDB93.jpg

PaulsDB94.jpg

Then onto the Megs Clay with Last Touch which brought up mild dirt on most panels.

PaulsDB95.jpg

Then i actually went onto the interior so i could leave the Liquid Leather on for the maximum time. Vacuumed, Leather wiped with hot damp cloth, Cleaner worked into the leather with nail brush, left for 10-15 mins, wiped off again with hot damp cloth. The fed with the conditioner and left for the duration of the detail.

PaulsDB917.jpg

PaulsDB918.jpg

PaulsDB919.jpg

Right... back to the exterior.

Zymol HD Cleanse applied with a Pre Wax applicator in straight lines with medium - heavy pressure. Wiped off almost straight away (20 seconds or so). I admit this is a really easy product to use.... but.... not sure it gave a finish any better than that of AG SRP and Megs #7 glaze... sure smelt good though!!

PaulsDB96.jpg

Few pics after the HDC

PaulsDB97.jpg

PaulsDB98.jpg

PaulsDB99.jpg

Then the Destiny....

Cant say im into applying by hand still but again... smells amazing!! Applied thinly to a panel, left for a min or two and then removed with a MF cloth.

PaulsDB910.jpg

PaulsDB911.jpg

PaulsDB912.jpg

The owner also wanted the wheels waxing so i used collinite 476s applied zymol style by hand. should protect them as good as any dedicated wheel wax!

Then it was just a case of dressing the arches, tyres, wing mirror surrounds, glass and cleaning the tail pipes... Unfortunately due to the long day and the shortend daylight hours i was restricted to indoor artificialy lit shots. May pop back for some daylight shots though... or just take some when i go back to do his other cars.

After shots..

PaulsDB913.jpg

PaulsDB914.jpg

PaulsDB915.jpg

PaulsDB916.jpg

PaulsDB920.jpg

PaulsDB921.jpg

All in all had a great day with a great car and enjoyed using the zymol products.

Cheers for now.

Nathan

i split my megs bar into 3 equal sections and use one at a time. i probably use each piece on about 2-3 cars. After each panel it gets re folded (folding the dirty side in) and kneeded into a new ball then squashed for the next panel. After about 3 cars its dirty to the point that you cant expose a clean section anymore... then its into the bin and onto the next new bit of clay.

So i found myself with a free day today and the weather was nice and my car was VERY dirty...

Products used:

AG PM3 TFR

AG Super Sheen

AG Fast Glass

AG Glass Polish

AG Vinal and Rubber Care

AG Super Resin Polish

Meguairs #7 Glaze*

Collinite 476s*

AG Rubber Cleaner No5

So some before shots... (click the thumbnials... thought id keep them small for a change)

th_MyAudiS3.jpg th_MyAudiS31.jpg th_MyAudiS32.jpg th_MyAudiS33.jpg th_MyAudiS34.jpg

Real good strong wash with the PM3 TFR to get rid of all the grime. Dried and then polished with AG Super Resin.

th_MyAudiS35.jpg

Then treated with the megs #7 glaze before applying 1 coat of collinite 476s (2nd coat will be done tomorrow or saturday)

th_MyAudiS36.jpg

Tyres dressed.. windows cleaned. I actually treated the leather first thing this morning so gave it a quick wipe over to remove residue..

Final pics, reflections and beading.

th_MyAudiS37.jpg th_MyAudiS38.jpg th_MyAudiS39.jpg th_MyAudiS310.jpg th_MyAudiS311.jpg

th_MyAudiS321.jpg th_MyAudiS322.jpg th_MyAudiS323.jpg

th_MyAudiS312.jpg th_MyAudiS313.jpg th_MyAudiS324.jpg th_MyAudiS325.jpg

th_MyAudiS316.jpg th_MyAudiS317.jpg th_MyAudiS318.jpg th_MyAudiS319.jpg th_MyAudiS320.jpg

MyAudiS315.jpg

Cheers

Nathan

awesome work as ever nathan

just wondering but does tfr take the polish off or is it not that strong ?

cheers

cheers

depending on how string i mix the tfr then it will take previous wax layers off.

in this instance it was filthy and i knew i was going to give it a good wax so i used quite a strong mix (almost 50/50).

If i know a car is already waxed or isnt that dirty i'll use a much waeker mix (10/90)... if atall (sometimes just pre rinse with water)

Early start today as i knew it was gonna be a big one..

this is what greated me.

PaulsRangeRover.jpg

th_PaulsRangeRover1.jpg th_PaulsRangeRover2.jpg th_PaulsRangeRover3.jpg th_PaulsRangeRover4.jpg

Products used:

AG PM3 TFR

Megs Quick Clay*

Megs Last Touch*

AG Super Sheen

AG Super Resin Polish

Meguairs #7 Glaze*

Collinite 476s*

Gliptone Leather Cleaner*

AG Fast Glass

AG Glass Polish

AG Vinal and Rubber Care

AG Rubber Cleaner No5

So... loads of time spent on the wheels and arches with the AG wheel cleaner and the TFR. Then soaked the body in TFR and pressure rinsed. Soaked the engine bay with TFR and rinsed. 1hr later and im ready to shampoo the car with AG shampoo and megs wash mit.

PaulsRangeRover5.jpg

Then onto the clay. All the panels came up with dirt as in the picture.. nothing too major though. Also a pic of after the clay

th_PaulsRangeRover6.jpg th_PaulsRangeRover7.jpg

Then it started to rain.... so back into the lovely well equiped garage (i love working here on bad weather days). Applied the Super Resin to every panel.. even the roof... had to use a step lader even with the suspension on low and me being 6'4".

th_PaulsRangeRover8.jpg th_PaulsRangeRover9.jpg

Some pics after the SRP.. i took it back outside as i knew the light was going and these were the best pics i was going to get of it unfortunately... i hate short daylight time.

PaulsRangeRover10.jpg

PaulsRangeRover11.jpg

Then i did the interior. Using a mix of AG Leather cleaner, Gliptone leather cleaner, Gliptone liquid leather depending on the levels of dirt it took about an hour or so. Used my sisters hair drier to keep the interior warm once i had applied the liquid leather.

Back to the body work... Applied the megs #7 glaze with foam applicator...

th_PaulsRangeRover12.jpg

Then the Collinite 476s. spit shined with Last touch.

th_PaulsRangeRover13.jpg

All buffed off with MF towels.... 8hrs later it looked like this..

Really annoyed as i forgot my spot lights so the photos look really crap in the low light. Im back there regularly now so will hopefully get some next time.

th_PaulsRangeRover14.jpg th_PaulsRangeRover15.jpg th_PaulsRangeRover16.jpg th_PaulsRangeRover17.jpg th_PaulsRangeRover18.jpg

th_PaulsRangeRover19.jpg th_PaulsRangeRover20.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Nathan

Superb work as always Nathan!

I know some people have queries your prices but my god it seems worth every penny!!

You dont fancy coming to the RR day and doing a free demo for everyone on my car do you???

Afternoon everyone...

Did this TT a few days ago now. New to owner who wanted its all ready for winter including the hood cleaning and weather proofing.

SimonsTT1.jpg

Process: Washed with AG products, Hood cleaned and protected with AG products, SRP, Collinite 476s

Few more pics..

th_SimonsTT.jpg th_SimonsTT2.jpg th_SimonsTT4.jpg th_SimonsTT5.jpg th_SimonsTT7.jpg

th_SimonsTT8.jpg

This Range Rover was only 4 weeks old and had been superguarded so the owner just wanted it cleaning up.

DanielsRR1.jpg

Process: Washed with AG products, Sprayed with AG auto rinse gloss, Dried, Interior cleaned.

More before and after pics.

th_DanielsRR.jpg th_DanielsRR1.jpg

th_DanielsRR2.jpg th_DanielsRR3.jpg

th_DanielsRR4.jpg th_DanielsRR5.jpg

Lastly... this Jag XK8 is 2 years old.. also was superguarded at new (what is superguard exactly anyway... a wax?? a sealant?? how long does it last and what should be done to clean, maintain, or rewax??)

DavidsXK81.jpg

Process: Washed with AG products, Sprayed with AG auto rinse gloss, Dried, Interior cleaned.

Before and after pics..

th_DavidsXK8.jpg th_DavidsXK81.jpg

th_DavidsXK82.jpg th_DavidsXK83.jpg

th_DavidsXK84.jpg th_DavidsXK85.jpg

Nothing too ground breaking as you can see... but the auto gloss rinse does a nice job on the cars even though it doesnt last all that long.

cheers

Nathan

I was booked in to do a full detail with paint correction on this Corrado VR6 today. The main reason for calling me was the damage on the bumper seen in the pics below caused by a dog trying to fetch a bottle from under the car!

After claying the car though i checked out the paint and it was in really good condition so instead of machine polishing the whole car i talked it over with the owner and went with SRP to just bring some shine back.

Anyway.. pics and process.

Before

JimsVR6.jpg

th_JimsVR61.jpg th_JimsVR62.jpg

Wheels cleaned with AG wheel cleaner, Strong TFR mix for body and pressure rinsed, AG Shampoo, then Clay which brought up some dirt but the owner had clayed it a few months back so there wasnt too much.

th_JimsVR63.jpg

Then the bumper...

JimsVR64.jpg

JimsVR65.jpg

Started with 106FF = nothing

power gloss = some but not much

AG 03B = more but still loads left.

AG 03B again = still loads left

So.. i decided to use some 1200 wet and dry paper.

JimsVR66.jpg

Got it down to a level i was happy with although some of the deeper marks were left.

Polished back up with 03B > final finish 106FF

JimsVR67.jpg

th_JimsVR68.jpg th_JimsVR69.jpg

So that done... and like i said the car being in good condition it was on with the SRP

th_JimsVR610.jpg

And then Megs #7 glaze. The light was good at this point so i took some pics. these are before the collinite but it was still looking pretty good at this point.

JimsVR611.jpg

th_JimsVR612.jpg th_JimsVR613.jpg th_JimsVR614.jpg th_JimsVR615.jpg th_JimsVR616.jpg

Then 1 layer of collinite 476s before it was dark.

JimsVR618.jpg

th_JimsVR617.jpg th_JimsVR619.jpg th_JimsVR620.jpg

Will be going back tomorrow to apply another layer of 476s, do all the rubber and black plastic, glass and the interior, and will get some pics in better light.

Nice to be working on a corrado again... brought back fond memories of my old one :D

will update tomorrow.

cheers

Nathan

God - I bet the owner must have been chuffed to bits!

Nathan - could you PM me a price for a good interior and exterior valet please? I have noticably different coloured panels now (thanks to the good old red fading and some paint work at some point in some areas) and scratching (noticable under lighting like garage forecourts) on the paintwork and would love to get it up to that sort of condition but I haven't the time or skill to do what you do.. combine that with the raft of products i'd need!

I suspect you might be a bit much for me money wise but i'd just like an idea.

Thanks.

Wow! From the pics I thought that bumper would have needed a respray, excellent work there jedi-knight83, shame you're based so far away else I'd be booking mine in for the full works.

Well, I've got an outside tap round the back of the house but the extensions prevent the hosepipe reaching the drive and I don't have a pressure washer, electricity isn't a problem though.

I'll check if any of my mates have or know of anywhere somewhere suitable, may be able to sort something out in the new year :)

any chance you could stop off in bornemouth on ur down to do 'steve_16v' as my C could do with sum of ur atention too!? :mrgreen:

i should think so. i have another A4 cab i need to do there actually so i can make a weeks holiday out of it... anyone else in this neck of the woods want work doing?

Woohoo!!!

Car looks fab now, am very happy with the result, can't see where the dog had mauled my bumper, i went to a petrol station after work and under the lights it looked amazing, definatley turned some head and made some people smile :D

I would highly recommend Nath to anyone, top lad & great work.

Looking forward to the interior after today :D