Sign in to follow this  
Dub_nut_g60

Problems with alarm

Ok guys, i have a Clifford Concept 300 with a shock sensor and remote start add on.

Have had a few problems recently whereby when i arm the system it doesnt activate the central locking and full closure, also my remote start is now not working (not the end of the world at the mo)

Also it has kept going off the last couple of days for no real reason!!

first question, any ideas how i can get it all working again? i dont have the cliffnet wizard thing, if anyone local does and could lend a hand it would be most appreciated!!

2. any thoughts about why it might be going off alot at the mo?

and 3rd, i took off the lower drivers side dash and found a green wire with a yellow plug hanging loose, should this be plugged into the back of the fuse box like all the others? if so where??

Hi,

Could be many things to be honest, from dry joints to loose plugs.

I have had the not locking thing with mine, which occured after a period of not being used, it sorted itself out after being driven again, is your car regularly used?

The remote start again could be a number of things, most likely the rpm sensor, does it have an external module fitted (black box that will be attached to the main power cable by the battery) if so these can pack up menaing it wont start - not a major problem to sort out.

The going off for no real reason i would most likely think is due to the heat, and the movement sensor being a tad to high on sensitivity. The 'bubble' expands with heat, meaning instead of staying in the car and looking for movement there, it can expand outwards, and thus pick up movement outside - hence the flase alarms.

The way to check what set it off is to do the following:

-Unlock car and get in

-Hold down the blank button (the one without the nobble on it!) on the valet switch and lock the car via key fob

-keeping the blank button held down, unlock car after a few moments

-let go of blank button

Now watch the LED. It will flash a number of times, and then pause, then flash a numer of times etc

Each group of flashes tells you which sensor was activated when the alarm went off, in order from the last time it went off.

If it flashes one time, then pauses, then one time etc then you know it was the internal sensor as i said, if not, you will be able to tell which sensor it was from the list below:

1 Proximity Sensor

2 Vibration/impact or tilt/motion sensor (if you have one fitted, there not standard)

4 Door open/ajar

5 Boot/bonnet open/ajar (boot only if you have the IntelliStart 4)

6 Bonnet open/ajar (only if you have the IntelliStart 4)

7 Ignition switch was turned on whilst the system was armed

8 Three or more incorrect valet codes were entered

10 flashes Power tampering or the vehicle battery is very low

Hopefully that will sort one of the problems, let me know if you need to know how to adjust the sensor.

Also, what happens when you go to remote start it, does it just flash the indicatiors once and then do nothing?

Any other help let me know...

Oh, and im pretty sure that plug is meant to be loose... There have been several like that on all VWs ive worked on.

Cheers bud, ill have a look at that sometime next week as i plan to be severly intoxicated for the rest of the weekend!!

also should of said, the indicators dont flash when i arm/disarm

Car is my daily drive, only started having problems when i picked it up after having the suspension and brakes done about 8 weeks ago.

The remote start just does nothing at all when i press the buttons.

found out it was the proximity sensor, have unplugged it for now until i have time to make the bubble smaller.

ill report back once ive had chance to look!