jonrb

Time running out for buying a roof-rack

Hi folks

If you want a roof rack for a Corrado then up until now Thule have been the only choice.

The exact kit you need is:

1. Bars (761)

2. Foot pack (950)

3. Short roof adaptor (477)

4. Fitting kit (094)

1-3 are readily available and come up for sale on eBay every so often. Indeed, I managed to get all 3 from just one auction on eBay for £38 recently including delivery. It had apparently been on a Punto previously.

However, Kit 094 is Corrado specific and I was informed by a supplier I tried to buy it from that Thule have discontinued this item and they were refunding my order. I was lucky to find another supplier who had one in stock (their last one), so I would strongly advise anyone considering getting a roof rack for the Corrado to go track down and buy kit 094 ASAP before they all go.

Cheers

Jon

Sorry, I don't know why this post ended up in this forum. It was meant to be in 'exterior'.

You dont need the short roof adapter thingy. If you look on the rear window seal at the top there are two trinagles. Push the rubber in inbetween the triangles and there is a gap. This is where the rear feet grip.

The fitting kit however is pretty essential!!

low1.jpg

That's worth knowing. Pity all the on-line roof bar companies don't know that vital snippet of information and encourage you to buy it. :(

Maybe I can move the Short Roof Adaptor along on eBay.

Which roof box is that, BTW?

It's a Halfrauds jobby... Can't remember the size, but it's one of the smaller ones they do. Peeled the 'Halfords' stickers off it the day I got it!

Finally found some Thule Bars at a boot sale today for £1.50 so though I'd try out the kit I've been ammassing.

Read a while ago that the 477 kit was unecessary which was annoying as the Thule website suggested it was essential.

Anyway. Findings for anyone who cares is that no, you don't need the short roof kit, but without it the bars are quite close together at about 580mm between bar centres.

Add the 477 Kit in and you can space the rear bar a bit further back making the whole thing a bit more stable (720mm between bars) especially with big things mounted on top. Seeing as 477 kits come up on eBay all the time (think mine was £10 +p&p) I'd say it was worth it.

Pics for reference below.

• Like 1

Holy thread resurrection!

I'm planning on selling my roof bars now that my Corrado is gone. I'll try and get them photographed and into the classifieds shortly.

As mentioned earlier in the thread it'll be

1. Bars (761)

2. Foot pack (950)

3. Fitting kit (094)

You do not need "Short roof adaptor (477)", but Yalan's post of 13th April 2008 02:55 PM is quite interesting, so maybe I'll chuck that in too.

Edited by jonrb