Sign in to follow this  
Fairzy

Interior Swap

Hi,

I've been offered a Recaro interior (not leather :-() for sensible money if I swap mine. Is it a major job to swap interiors - I've removed the door cards before when looking for a annoying rattle, but never removed a seat / rear bench. Are they simple 'undo 4 bolt jobs' or something more major.... I guess the major concern is wiring in the electric (not heated seats), is this a major job? Anyone done it who can give me a few pointers?

Cheers

Fairzy

Taking the seats out is easy.

Tools needed;

17mm spanner (and 17mm ratchet spanner if you have one)

10mm socket

8mm socket

6mm allen key

good philips screwdriver

Fronts have 8mm nut with a 6mm allenhead bolt at the front. Undo this and remove then slide back all the way and they are good to go.

Rears have a clip at the front that is located into a hole, so push down on the front in the middle of the seat base (bases are seperate), then push back a little bit and it should spring out. Flip the centre arm rest to get access to the four philips screws that hold it down.

Now you should see the bracket for the rear backrests. 4 10mm nuts, undo them, pull the plastic pin up as if you were flipping it forward and there you have it, so yeah pretty basic.

With regards to the heated looms I haven't done that before but have heard that is pretty simple too, as it is only 2 wires and a relay.

Taking the seats out is easy.

Tools needed;

17mm spanner (and 17mm ratchet spanner if you have one)

10mm socket

8mm socket

6mm allen key

good philips screwdriver

Fronts have 8mm nut with a 6mm allenhead bolt at the front. Undo this and remove then slide back all the way and they are good to go.

Rears have a clip at the front that is located into a hole, so push down on the front in the middle of the seat base (bases are seperate), then push back a little bit and it should spring out. Flip the centre arm rest to get access to the four philips screws that hold it down.

Now you should see the bracket for the rear backrests. 4 10mm nuts, undo them, pull the plastic pin up as if you were flipping it forward and there you have it, so yeah pretty basic.

With regards to the heated looms I haven't done that before but have heard that is pretty simple too, as it is only 2 wires and a relay.

Mate, that's great help thanks!

Looks like i'll be getting a new interior then ;-)