Sign in to follow this  
DUB

STD AIR BOX MOD'S

olly elworthy, sounds like a cracker!! 8)

the standard factory stuff is best on most cars, including the snorkel

interesting??

i might put my snorkel back in then and see...

i bet i end up enjoying it being quieter :lol:

Think the best thing to do would be panel filter and cold air feed. Think JMR do a feed using brake ducting. On valvers, you can do a front feed from behind the grille through the snorkel hole. You can probably also remove any fins etc inside the box to improve flow.

Just a thought ! If anyones interested I'm in the process of developing a cold air feed for the Corrado ! (already finished for the Mk2 Golf)

I'm just finishing off the tooling for an ABS duct that fits in the driverside lower 90mm spoiler on the Rado.

This duct then connects to a 3" flexible plastic pipe that attaches to another duct that bolts in place of the carbon canister. This set up enables the maximum amount of cold air into the engine bay, Its also suitable for feeding a cone filter or for suppling cold air to a drilled air box (without pressurising the box). I'll post some pics up when its finished. :)

Yeah if you could I lightly pepered my box yesterday and fluted the snorkel it sounds sweet now - feels like it pull's a bit better {or i'm just getting excited}

Just a thought ! If anyones interested I'm in the process of developing a cold air feed for the Corrado ! (already finished for the Mk2 Golf)

I'm just finishing off the tooling for an ABS duct that fits in the driverside lower 90mm spoiler on the Rado.

This duct then connects to a 3" flexible plastic pipe that attaches to another duct that bolts in place of the carbon canister. This set up enables the maximum amount of cold air into the engine bay, Its also suitable for feeding a cone filter or for suppling cold air to a drilled air box (without pressurising the box). I'll post some pics up when its finished. :)

sounds interesting, i'd be interested.

I've been trying to source some pipe work to do it myself, but haven't had any joy yet (haven't really put much time in).

I'm sure you'd get alot of interest on here for them