Sign in to follow this  
Kick Up The Rs

engine bay electrical connector

Whilst investigating an 'orrible burning smell coming from the exhaust manifold area of my G60, I noticed that the 4 wire connector mounted on the rear engine mount has two of its wires broken off!

Can anyone tell me what this connector is for? - car seems fine & dandy besides the burning smell!

Whilst on the subject of burning, there is a sign of cam cover gasket weeping at the rear, but the smell has only startedd since fitting a smaller pulley, yet the smell is definately coming from beneath the inlet manifold and not from the pulley area. Is it possible that there is a higher exhaust temp now due the smaller pulley being fitted which has made the smell more prominent?

I'll get this bloody car right one day...

Thanks

Bloody hell!

I'm amazed that the car runs so well considering I aint got any closed loop control!

Have noticed the cat smelling a bit 'eggy' recently, but I put that down to the more aggresive fuelling of the G-Werks / SNS chip!

I wonder if I caught the connector whilst fitting the new pulley belt???

Do you reckon the burning smell could be due to the cat getting a lot hotter than normal it's not being fed the right mixture of burnt gasses due to the lack of closed loop control?

Thanks