Sign in to follow this  
Colley

Intermitent problem? Any ideas?

Hi guys,

My 95 VR6 has intermitent problems in that sometimes it doesnt fire? Was going fine then the other day it just decided it didnt want to start, its been like this over the weekend though at some points it does start?

Obviously Vag-Com would be a good start but i dont have it and no one in the area does.

The spark plugs and leads are about a year old so shouldnt be related to that i wouldnt have thought?

Any suggestions would be appreciated as its one thing after another!! :mad:

My friend's '93 Corrado VR6 used to do this. For example, he'd drive to work with no problems then it'd refuse to start when he was leaving for the day. By the time the RAC turned up it'd decide it was ok again. Bloody annoying.

I can't remember exactly what the problem was but he spent a lot of money looking for it. I'll ask him later.

hi ive recently just bought my 95 vr6 and mine had the same problem!! :x got it plugged in and it turned out to be the (crank reference sensor). Got a new one put in and bobs your uncle it was fixed.

The sensor costs about £140 though :roll:

stu

faulty ignition switch? Does it turn over and over but never fire? Is there voltage to the coil/coil pack while cranking?