Sign in to follow this  
Roger Blassberg

VAG/Scorpion remote key fob

Ever since I had the car, the spare key fob hasn't worked. The battery was replaced, the light came on when the button was pressed and it gave a signal of sorts (checked by a local alarm installer) but did not communicate with the central locking system.

I have always been paranoid about losing the one-and-only operational key fob, so I finally decided to get it sorted out.

The solution was too easy to believe. Simply hold down the operating buttons of both the working and non-working fobs simultaneously for at least 10 seconds, within range of the receiver unit and, "Bingo!!" they both now work perfectly.

Perhaps everyone already knew this, but I think it is useful enough to be be considered as potentially sticky.

Best wishes

RB

Did you get an instruction manual for your alarm when you got it? It should have had that information on it.

It seems to be a Scorpian alarm trait that they somehow forget about the alarm they're supposed to be affiliated with - my girlfriends Ford Ka has a little scorpion alarm on and it basically does the exact same thing! :)

No, the manual has been lost in the mists of time. But I still am in contact with the previous owner who dredged his memory and came up with this nugget of info.

I had previously spoken to someone at Scorpion and to a local alarm installer; I assume that their professed ignorance of the re-coding procedure was based on the prospect of a nice little earner.

Best wishes

RB