Sign in to follow this  
cromwell

electric window problem

hi all, a really odd thing happened just now. got in my car and tried to start it up but the starter motor died and the drivers side window went half up by itself (both windows were open). i then went to do the windows up and they dont work. when you press the button nothing happens, no noise of motors trying to work or anything. i have checked the fuses and they are fine. any ideas? i have a clifford total closure alarm, could this be affecting it? need help asap as obviously my car is at risk with its windows open and i park it on the road :? im also going away for a week tomorrow so dont know what the hell to do :cry:

cheers guys

the switches are still lit up yeah. the alarm arms/disarms etc but the windows dont go up when you arm it, although this never worked when i got the car. the windows just used to do up a little bit when you armed the car, which i always thought was odd but sort of ignored cos it didnt really matter.

replace the fuse sometimes they look ok but they are making a poor contact , i doubt its the alarm tbh the fact that it only goes up slightly with total closure is usually due to the pulse not being set long enough as the alarm arms

do they not work with the ignition on or off ? you tried them with the door open

If the windows only go up a little bit don't you just have to increase the length of the pulse sent to them from the alarm?

also, check fuse 14, its ev0l ;)

did you have the door open when you tried them though??? ;)

I bet your missus has a voodoo corrado doll and keeps sticking pins in the doors because of the amount of time you spend with it!