Sign in to follow this  
mariovr6

oil cooler seals

hey just wondered , do i need to drain all the oil out of the sump before changing the oil cooler seal? on a vr6

its higher then the sump so i hope it want need to b done correct??

just put a new seal on the oil cooler and after all that trouble getting the ring to fit :twisted: it turns out its coming from elsewhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its looks like its coming from the top of the upper oil filter housing maybe from a senor?

is it senors that sit in the top of the oil filter housing? if so how the hell do i get to them?

You need some new washers for the senders to get a good seal. I found the best method of getting at the oil filter housing from above is removing the grill and drivers side headlamp then you can get your arm in quite easily.

hmmmmmmm never thought of that way to get to the bolt......... sounds interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheers

o yeah had a real pain in the ass trying to get that oil cooler seal to sit in one place( burnt my arm many times)

heres my tip

PLACE A RUBBER BAD AROUND THE OIL COOLER...

SLIDE THE SEAL UNDER THE RUBBER BAD AND IN PLACE.........

GET THE OIL COOLER IN PLACE AND TIGHTEN BOLT SLIGHTLY....

ONCE ITS TOUCHING REMOVER THE RUBBER BAND!

TOOK ME 2 HOURS OF TRYING BEFORE I TRIED THAT ONE AND AFTER ALL THAT ITS THE ITS THE SENSOR THAT ARE THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!

HELP