Sign in to follow this  
m3evo

Solid front engine mount

This is not a slagging off job but may be of some help to those with this type of mounting( has allready been mentioned in a previous thread a few weeks ago thank goodness which is what pointed me to the mounting problem) anyway ive just spent the last two days arguing the toss with the development guy at Milltek exhausts, stating the there is a problem with the De-cat pipe on my car, in as much that the Co-sensor is burried into my heat shield in the tunnel where the exhaust go from front to back so much that the wires have broken off the top of the sensor, now rightly Milltek stood there ground and denied that there is a problem with the de-cat pipe where the sensor goes, BECAUSE its the JMR solid front engine mounting thats 20mm too short and allowing the engine to tilt forward thus causing the co-sensor to come into contact with the tunnel, now new co-sensor needed at £90 and told to either fit a standard front mount or pack it up with a 20mm spacer great i thinks not, check your mountings and co-sensors cheers Dave

Interesting, I have both a JMR solid front mount and a Milltek de-cat pipe, car has done over 30,000 miles with that set-up and NO problems with the Lambda sensor