Sign in to follow this  
Nij

Engine Cutting Off

Morning,

I Have just acquired a Corrado which had been left unused for about 4 years.The car is amazing just to stare at and is a shame was neglected for so long.

First problem I had was to get the Engine starting. Discovered that the Fuel pumps had siezed. Being in Kenya not many parts for the Corrado arte available. However I did manage to get the pumps replaced and the car started.

However the car burns rich with a lot of black smoke. Decided to change the plugs but this hasnt helped.

Checking the fuse box under the dashboard I discovered that there are relays missing. Could this cause the car to miss or overheat sending a signal to the computer box to switch the car off. Secondly I do I order these relay as I only know their positions in the fuse box.

Please assist.

Its amazing where these cars turn up!

Black smoke can often be a sign of a failed / faulty lambda probe. What model / year Corrado is it?

Would love to see some pictures if you can get some! :)

Thanks will have this checked. Will get some pics though not as great as the pics I see on the site

Well it'd just be amazing to see a Corrado in Kenya - we're not fussy about how clean or good a Corrado is - would just like to see it :)

Any idea where it came from? Was it sold there new or imported from another country?

Well there are actually 5 units in the country of these 2 are in good condition Mine half way there and the other two just parked. I have been dying to get this car back in running condition with most of the work done on the weekends. I suppose the cars like mine were imported from the UK.