Sign in to follow this  
Bally

Fuel pump for K-jet 16v **UPDATE**

Hi peeps

I need the part number & fitting guide to above, myn died today :roll:

I dont expect it to be cheap but hey :lol:

I assume you're talking about the main pump rather than the one in the tank.

Fitting is a case of: unbolt the fuel line from the end of the pump; remove the three screws from the clamping ring; pull out the old pump; swap the non-return valve to the new pump (or buy a new one becuase they're cheap and a common point of failure); fit the strainer to the new pump; refit pump, clamping ring screws and fuel line.

It's a horrible job. Expect to get covered in fuel and spend ages trying to stop the clamping ring and seal from leaking! I'd let a garage do it because it's a lot easier on a four-post lift and shouldn't take long.

I did this job a while ago, only I replaced the fuel pump housing and kept the fuel pump. I think I'd recommend taking down the whole fuel pump housing.

There's no need at all to remove the lot if you're just replacing the pump. If it all goes well it'll take half an hour, but there's a good chance it won't be that simple if the connections and screws are as rusty and knackered as mine were.

bally i think muks replaced his earlier this year? got a good price too if im not mistaken

cheers guys.. A job for 2mrw nite.. along with the million other things that need doing :-)

Well replaced the pump lastnight, abit of a mission but all done, only thing is the pump still seems to be abit noisy?? also found the car has flat spots under load.. I filled the car up lastnight seemed ok, its the 1st time its been driven since june so wondering what else could be causing the flat spots??

Hi, is this a 9A? Are you sure that the in tank pump is OK. Had a problem with with the one on my son's 2.0 16v 9a. I filled the main pump by pouring petrol down the inlet pipe, car started and ran fine and pump was silent.

New pump was £24 from the dealers which was cheaper than Euro GSF etc and breakers!

Hi mate, its a 1.8 16v at the mo.. I bought the pickup pump on the wkend from G&S & a new filter, was to busy y'day to fit it.. will fit it somepoint this wk & hopefully sorts out the problem.. cheers

Ok, update, replaced the lift pump & noticed that I get a huming noise like it pulsing?? the pumps have now both been replaced, drives fine not had any problems..

is the pump meant to make this werid noise?? maybe I can hear it more as the interiors stripped???

dont help the as the central locking has a leak so to many noises lol

anyone got any ideas??

I'm hardly able to hear the fuel pump in mine, although that's a 9A. I'd say it's clearly something wrong if you can hear it making noises while you are driving. Have you changed the fuel filter lately?

cheers for the reply...

I have got a new filter but havent had chance to fit it.. could that be causing the noise???

yup, a blocked filter will make the pump work harder and become noisier... ;)