Sign in to follow this  
Furkz

Bonnet lifters

potatonet, Sam, Blue_Joe fitted these to his early G60 bonnet over the weekend... seem to work ok altho you still have to physically lift the bonnet all the way up...

Thats right.

They are easy enough to fit although you do need to drill the bonnet, if you want to know where I can get pics and show you.

However the disappointing thing is that due to the weight of the bonnet you need to lift the bonnet all the way up and then it keeps it up.

Sam - I was having a good look at my MK4 today and that uses 1 very similar lifter to the INXX ones, altho it only needs one as the bonnet is much lighter than the Corrado, it's money saving at the end of the day and 2 look better and will last longer...

It's also mounted from the inside lip of the inner skin of the bonnet to the suspension turret so you don't see it when closed and is much more upright than the way we fitted yours - I'm still not exactly sure of the physics of it and how than affects things but it will lift the bonnet from about half way but this maybe more to do with weight...

I'll have a look at the Corrado later and see if there is a better way but chances are I'll fit them the same as yours....

Ive got a INXX gas strut on my G60 and i just have to pop the bonnet and un hook it and up it goes. It dosent struggle at all, it does look a bit bats where it fits on the bonnet with the monting bracket..

yes pics please, well I said screw it and decided to mount it next to the big hole for the strut tower on the US passenger side of the car., got to lift it a little but it eventually takes over.

I still want to see where the damn thing is supposed to go because its BS when you get instructions in german, no pictures and nothing relating to a corrado at all.

yes but there is a large difference between UK corrados and their radiator positioning.

we use the first hole that the kit says to use, you use the 2nd hole,

now we cant use the 2nd hole because there is a pipe in the way, and we cant use the first hole because there is a 90 degree thingy for the radiator.

why couldnt VW just make up their mind....

nah its ok my solution works, I just think its funny that I can install a supercharger from a different car that doesnt even fit in my car then install an oil cooler and a 3" FMIC into the front of my car but I cant seem to install a fecking hood shock because the instructions suck or are non existant.

here are the pics i promised a while back..

unfortunatly, they were froma thread over a year back. i have no fitting intructions as i didnt fit them. i saved the pic coz one day ill get round to it.

if they help someone, post up a guide of what to do please!