Sign in to follow this  
TomD

What tyres for BMW BBS Crosspokes??

Hi All!

I've just picked up a set of 15" E30 BMW BBS Cross Spokes for the corrado, as they look much like the original G60 wehels, only slightly wider and with a lower offset. Happy days.

They're 7J ET24 and currently have 205-50-15's on them. The offset means they fill the arches quite nicely but the tyres a bit too chubby.

I wondered what tyre sizes would be right for them...

Basically if there was no other variables in it I'd go for 195-45-15's for looks, but I can't run the car too low, and so I'd risk having comedy arch gap syndrome, which I don't want

195-50-15's would obviosuly give me less clearance, but the stock stealthy OEM look, and obviosuly more arch fillage.

Is there much difference in the ride? Anything else I need to consider? any other tyres to consider? The car's had no archwork, and I'm not sure how much lowered it is, but it is on fuly adjustable coilies.

Any help much appreciated, also if anyone's got any 195-50-15's or 195-45-15s lying about they want to sell cheap...let me know!

Cheers,

Tom :)

Tom,

I have the same wheels and run 195-50-15 Toyos that I got from Demon Tweeks at Inters last year (£27 each).

I run widetrack front wishbones (off a Passat) that pushes the track out another 18mm each side (giving me an ET of 6) with my car lowered 40mm on Weitec suspension and don't have any rubbing or catching on the front.

Cheers bud!

Have you any pictures to show what they look like?? Teetering towartds 195-45's and just sod it and dump it!

Cheers,

Tom

Thanks mate that would be brilliant, need to order some tyres soon so I can get them on the car. :)

Haha!

Cheers Bally, I had to park in the hotel car park next door as tehre was no room!

Was yours the one on the RM's last nite?

:)

Haha!

Cheers Bally, I had to park in the hotel car park next door as tehre was no room!

Was yours the one on the RM's last nite?

:)

Hi Tom, nah mate myns been of he road just had some work done..

Im running BBS RX's which are for sale once I get round to taking some pics :roll: