Sign in to follow this  
waynos

door lock motor

some one must be able to help me? been doing some searching on other forums and i have gone and got myself a 5 wire door lock motor.I am trying to wire this to my alarm so that i can use the motor to activate the central locking whe the remote button is pressed.

when i got the motor there wasnt a wiring diagram , i have five wires - green, blue, black, brown and white. i know the black wire is earth. i hooked up the brown and white to the lock and unlock wires of the alarm and the black to the chassis. pressed the alarm button and i got nothing. i then found out that the alarm gives out a negative lock and unlock pulse.

if i was to connect the black wire to a 12v positive would the motor work as it would be getting its negative from the pulses off the alarm? ( basically reversing the polarity) or woould it screw the motor up?

Some one please help me as it is starting to do my nut in!

cheers

Hi mate do you know what make the motor is? If so I may be able to get a wiring diagram for the kit and the different wiring set ups.