Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

Superb supercar experience day....unfortunately not for me

Just bought my wife a superb day with supercars on a track at Prestwold Hall in Leicestshire, heres what she'll be driving:

Familiarisation laps in a Focus RS

911 Turbo

Ferrari 550

DB9

New XK8

Karting

Group N rally car on a special stage

All with an ARDs qualified instructor

Secretly hoping she's ill on the day so I can replace her

Blimey! What a day! Prestwold Hall is where I did my Ferrari Day.. the track is really good and you do get plenty of speed up :)

Need to get saving as i'd love to do another one of these but a full day one instead like this :)

I had a phonecall this very weekend, from my father, inviting me to an all expenses paid 'trade' dream car experience thing in the beginning of september.

Its through his reps at work, he'll have to spend some money, as will all the other business's there, but i shall be there to simply drive the cars.

Hes not entirely sure, as my dad isnt really into cars, but last year he drove:

Scooby

Elise

RX-8

Ferrari (prob modena)

Driven around in a lambo (murcielargo - sp?!)

I'm grateful whatever i get to drive on the day, but my god i hope they let me drive the lambo! :twisted:

A lot of these cars are a bit of a let down, the Ferrari for example, i was expecting much more than it delivered sadly, the lambo should do the trick though but the RX8 is a family car, the scooby is flat ragardless and the XK8 wouldn't turn me on at all.

Not that i'm saying they are crap cars because they aren't and it should be fun regardless of what you are in but don't expect too much else you'll be let down.

Chris

I was at Prestwold last weekend. 550, Gallardo, New XK, DB9 and a 911 (997). Went there last year for 4x4, autotest, hot hatch, F360 & 355 and fast passenger lap in a 996 Turbo.

Venue and Instructors are great, really help you push the cars. I must admit that the cars can be a little bit of a let down. Don't get me wrong they are all wonderful... just not as good as in your dreams.

oh, I just don't get Ferrari's gated boxes and Gallardos are for short people with egos/complex.

You should get a ticket yourself, well worth doing it once in your life, failing that feed you mrs some "dodgy" shell fish for a touch of food poisioning on the day ;-)

I went to prestwold with my mate who had the day to drive a firrari. he did 2 laps in a scooby then 3 laps the the firrari, i thought you'd get more for £110.

A lot of these cars are a bit of a let down, the Ferrari for example, i was expecting much more than it delivered sadly

Well this is what I said about the Ferrari when I went on my day at Prestwold.. I felt that the Impreza I drove (WRX STI) seemed quicker than the Ferrari simply because it was less awkward and more comfortable and the power was just more accessible.

Don't get me wrong I loved the whole experience but the Impreza amazed me more than the 355! Probably because of the miserable old goat in the 355 who said "Well thats just cost a few thousand" when I left it in gear about 1/2 a second longer than he wanted me to, and it was still nowhere near the red line.. grr..