Sign in to follow this  
TomD

Urgent sunroof help needed, SOLVED! :)

Hi Guys!

I know I know....another sunroof thread!

Trying to fit a new working sunroof into my corrado, its all apart but I need to swap my panel over to the new unit.

I need to pull back the interior panel, the article I printed off (THink it was from the knowledge base??) was really helpful up to now, but for this bit it just says 'release the clips'

.... what clips???

I can't see anything obvious and when I took my old one apart I broke the tabs that make the inner interior panel tilt when you tilt the sunroof, as I pulld the panel too hard, so am very paranoid about doping it again!

Please help! :(

P.S. I know i'm probably being a dunce but i'm paranoid I'm gonna break it!

give it a gentle pull and it should come. place your fingers between the panel and the trim and get a good grip. if not put the sunfoof in the tilt postion and i think u can see the clips that hold it in.

Ok thanks I'll give it a go!

It comes about an inch and then stops. I took my old one apart and there are 2 clips right at the front, one at each side, which I'm sure it is unclipping from.

But the the middle part of the interior panel starts to tilt and then it won't come any further.

I think its the chrome metal parts that make it tilt with the exterior panel as thats what broke off last time. Will it not sanp them if I pull it hard?

the front end if the panel runners are open ended or they were on mine and the replacement unit allowing the chrome metal parts to slide out.

FIXED!!

Thnaks Andy!

It did slide back, its easier if you tilt it first....was just being paranoid...dont know how i broke the first ones!

Right...to the pub! :)