Sign in to follow this  
too hot

Coilovers

Has anyone got any experiences of coilovers fitted to a VR6.I was wondering if anyone could recommend some. Are Raceland any good as they seem cheap in comparison to others,are Koni,H&R etc really worth the extra.What about Supersprint they seem like a good compromise.I don`t think it is worth upsetting the quality of ride for something too harsh(or am I just getting old) Any comments would be appreciated. :?:

I fitted coilovers to my VR in march of this year after 3 years of ownership. I was worried about fitting coilover as I liked the cars handling and ride. I spoke to Ian Birch who advised FK Ones which he thought offered the best ride/handling comprise of any coilover kit he'd tested. As Dubsport sell H&R, Koni, Interalloy, Bilstein and Avo I was confident that he was right so they where fitted. First impressions was the kit was very firm (but not harsh in anyway) but the ride was better with 17" wheels than the standard kit. The handling is awesome. It really turns the VR into a sportcar!! The kit was £500+VAT and fitting. Best money I've ever spend on any car. Highly recommended. Wished I done this mod years ago.

cheers

correct me if im wrong but i think fk coilovers use koni struts anyway just a different spring so the are a lot better deal than the koni coilovers! also h&r's are not adjustable only height adjustable.

Arguably with coilovers you get what you pay for.

I've tried Koni & Eibach, TBO there not great for general driving, much to hard at the rear. Allegedly this is a common issue with German TUV approval. As to get approval a vehicle must be able to cope with a fully laden car Plus its maximum towing weight. Thus very hard spring & dampers on rear.

I personally went for Apex all round, much better ride with simple click adjustment on the tops for damper adjustment. Spring platforms are easy to adjust, (So long as the threads are clean). Price inc spring was £800

Although for ultimate rebound & compression control plus spring platform adjustability. Speak to Leda they'll build you anything you want. Prices are about £200 per damper.

Fitted supersprint a couple o weeks ago. they seem ok.

need spacers on the back for 7.5x17 wheels but quality seems good

Hi

I fitted H&R on my G60!

I think they are a better than my FK Suspension i had bevore!

I had payed 600€!

Regards Thomas

I have konis with 40mm drop and stiffness adjustment. They seem great, tho of course a little harsh over the bumpy stuff. But I must admit I have no experience of anything else and so no frame of reference!