Sign in to follow this  
Banzai Bob

PLEASE HELP! 17" rims on my VR6

Can anyone advise me please?

I want to change my VR6 15" wheels for 17" RS4 style rims. I know the brake caliper clearance is a problem, and my brakes aren't great anyway, so looking to change them. I've seen that other vw calipers (such as Mk4 Golf highline?) will fit, but is this done to accomodate new rims or because they're more effective than the bulky 12 year old ones on mine?

Cheers, Banzai.

The brake change to MK3 288mm, MKIV or TT spec is to improve braking not allow more choice of wheel fitment. Most 17s will fit OK but as RS4s are copies and non OE I can't say for certain but I believe they fit OK

99% of wheels will fit over standard calipers, as said above, the change in brakes isn't to do with clearance, it an upgrade on stopping :)

with red isn't at all annoying ;)

how about yellow?

Thanks OSV! Given a choice, what setup (brakewise) should I opt for? do all fit without tinkering? I'd like the best performance without spending £940 on a Cupra R (brembo) kit!

312mm of a TT, MKIV etc gives best performance at an affordable price and OE too. Use the search function there are several threads.