Sign in to follow this  
Neil L.

Central Locking..

Anyone with any advice on the central locking mechanism on a 94 C. as mine is Fu*ked! It started off with just the passengers/boot door failing to open when activated - but this worked always on the second attempt - just as though it was just sticking somewhere! But now the whole thing is gone - in other words , i cant lock the car at all! Cant see any advice in the search section on the forum ...... Any ideas? :x

can you hear the pump running when you try to lock the car? Could be as simple as a split pipe under the dash or in the hinge area of the car (probably the passenger side if that's where the first fault occurred... ;) )

No noise mate, just used to take two attempts to open the passengers door - like something waz sticking - that was before the whole thing failed and now cant even lock the doors???

Sorry to but in, but i am in the same boat, apart from mine has never worked since i got the car approx 3 weeks ago. Been reading on here so i guess the pump is in the boot, do these normally fail on these.

any help appreciated

thanks kenno

dude you can fit the pump, i am going to do a fix it guide for the central air pump, if you do its quite simple, just look out for the springs inside (dont open outside) the springs can fly out there is some o-rings to just grease them ,put them back and put the springs back in, one goes on the o-ring i think a real small one the long one just resets the pump clean it up refit it and test, if the motor had gone just get a old one out of an golf or C and try that.

thanks mate

it sounds to me that my motor has totally gone, as am not hearing anything at all.

thanks for you help

kenno

late mk2 will say 1992 on , man i just scraped one some young lady pulled out infront of me on a roundabout sreech bang ..... bet she went to dimond car insrance

I have just had the same occur on mine yesterday.. Firstly the fuse blew. So replaced that, however now the passenger door will not lock and neither will the boot !

Although the passenger will open with central locking but will just not close using it ?? And the boot remains unlocked ??

My used to do the same as Neil's sometimes it would take 2 attempts to close the passenger side and boot.

I am assuming that the way this system works is that it locks doors in order - drivers/passengers then boot.

Would a bit of maintenance on the pump likely fix this ??

Talk about 1 step forward and 2 back with these cars !

Could be a fault with the switch on the drivers door? maybe it earthed out causing the fuse to go?