Sign in to follow this  
beetlebug_1983

Panel Differences

Hiya Guys, looking at restoring my corrado to its former glory, found some panels from a VR6 but i have a 1990 1.8 16v, the seller tells me the rear quarter is the same and there doors are the same apart from side impact bar, if the doors do fit will my manual window winder mechs fit in the door and interior panels fasten on ect, or how easy is it to install electric windows from scratch? Thanx Mark

Hello and welcome to the forum...

As you have an early car you may find there is a slight difference in the rear quarters but only around the metal in the rear arch which they changed during production... they will fit fine, same with the doors and wings but the wings are about 1cm wider on the later cars to match the later bonnet and headlamps and wider wheels (will be fine as long as they are fitted as a pair)

Manual windows should locate I think, electric ones best to get from a donor car with the controllers etc...

Ok sounds good, i only need one wing, got panel damage all the way down passenger side of the car could do with a front bumper also, was just gonna source a wing somewhere else, so if i boughy a pair of wings from the vr6 and fitted them would the bonnet bumper and lights ect need to be changed to line up with the wings?

Supercharged, will a later wing with a early bonnet and slam panel make the top of the wing sit out a bit on the leading edge to the bonnet? If so this may solve my bonnet problem.