Sign in to follow this  
storm81

vr6 plugs and leads and waterpump

Hi guys, looking for recomendations on plugs and leads for a vr6, genuine leads are pricey and tbh arent worth the extra imo, quantum leads arent badly prices but they do not have the slots apparently for the removal tool, considering beru leads and plugs, thoughts on these and if someone could confirm that they have the slots for the removal tool, also how noisey should the water pump be? it can clearly be heard from outside the car and sounds a bit like the heater fan running, thanks

plug lead wise..............depends on yer budget i had the quantum VR6 set on mine without any probs in 2yrs and only switched to better quality ones for my Schrick due to a mate getting a damn good deal on them

and what water pump is noisy???............the electric aux. one above the g/box or the engine mounted one?

the electric pump, sure quantum would be fine but they dont have the ears for the removal tool making removal slightly awkward without damaging the leads

the electric pump, sure quantum would be fine but they dont have the ears for the removal tool making removal slightly awkward without damaging the leads

the ones i had were fine.......no probs extracting them with the metal tool

as for yer aux.pump.........should be near enough silent,they normally leak when they are fubar'd,have you checked the top of the g/box for signs of leakage???,as i'm pretty sure they also rely on the coolant to lubricate them

Well it is possible that at one time the leads did have the ears but both myself and vw have checked the leads quantum currently do and they definately dont have the ears for the removal tool, no sign of a leak and water doesnt appear to be going down, will look into a replacement pump then

Has anyone used the beru leads and plugs? want to check they are ok before i go spending any cash, had cheap leads before :cry: