Sign in to follow this  
ray_vr6

Momo Horn Operation

Hi

I recently purchased a Momo runner wheel second hand but when I received it there is no electrical horn operating mechanism. Does anyone know how I might go about fitting some sort of system or indeend if there is a "kit" available?

OK - I have sorted this out - not sure if this was what was intended by MOMO but it works!

I used the horn button from my present MOMO wheel and mounted it on to the Runner. The Runner then has a front leather horn area cover and behind it is a rubber protrusion (yes, yes I know!) and that presses on to the horn button - Hey Presto one working fantastic looking steering wheel.

I have ordered a plain horn button so that I can put that on instead of the one from my Fighter Wood as it is covered up.

Hope that makes sense - If there is anyone wanting it I could post a few pics when I take it all apart again to fit the plain button.

Funny - I've got the exact same problem! I bought a Runner off ebay with no boss. The horn system is just as you described, I connected the wire from the Momo boss I bought also off ebay to the ring that came with the boss (goes in between boss and wheel) and the horn stayed on so I disconnected it.

I don't really want to use the horn push off my old momo wheel so I figure what needs to be done is connect the supplied wire to the metal contact bar on the back of the horn pad and run an earth wire from the same bar to somewhere earthed inside the boss.

My indicators aren't switching off at the moment, I couldn't make the sign saying 'Top' on the boss face directly upwards, the holes required me to rotate it just a touch - is this why?

Also, I get a scraping sound when turning the wheel - is this because I haven't greased the base?

Thanks