Sign in to follow this  
wilson

New corrado owner

Hey all, just bought my first corrado last night, i'm thinkin it was a right bargain.

its 1.8 16v 1990, 97k, lots history, all mots, mot'd till june 07, and few months tax.. it cost me £750

Drives nice and smooth and straight, but a little tatty round the edges, needs a real good clean and interior is quite tatty and dirty. but still it can be cleaned and is nice drive so I'm real impressed.

Gonna give it a service now and try and get some shine on the paint.

Few things

the active spoiler doesn't move ?

the MFA doesn't work?

the adj steering column has a small bit of up down play?

Is any of this common faults, I haven't looked yet, but if these are common faults how should I go about fixing them ?

Thanks

Wilson

use the search mate most of what you need will be found in there.

and it sounds like you got yourself a tidy bargin there, so welcome to corrado ownership :thumbleft:

Thanks guys, will do a search.

From Ipswich Suffolk mate

Will give it a tidy today and try and get some pics up

Cheers

Wilson

Welcome to the forum!

There are a few owners in Ipswich and around this area... I work in ips btw...

Oh really, thats good to know.. where do you work? I live in Ips, but work in Felixstowe, shipping on the docks

welcome to the forum mr wilson, see if you can slap up a few pics when you get a mo,and just out of interest, whereabouts are you from fella ? :thumbleft:

Here y' are then.

Spent the weekend cleaning it up, it was so bad when I went to view it I nearly walked away, but I decided to test drive it anyhow, and it drove so well I managed to look passed the dull paint and chips, and the filthy interior! I'm glad I did as it has come up ok, after hours of t-cut and wax.. its a bit rough around the door handles, somebody has touched it up there, and there are a few small dents there to. could really do with some doors, but they will come in time, its not desperate now.

Not bad for £750, with 97k, and all original docs and all MOT's to prove.

Only thing is it seems a little sluggish, compared to the Clipper I had before.. i'm sure it should be a little quicker, it seems to rev slow. I've serviced it now, but I reckon it could do with a tune up.

The only mods are, Scorpion exhaust, and lowered, the guy said 40mm.

100D0953.jpg

100D0952.jpg

100D0951.jpg

sounds like its a bargain, doesn't cost alot to clean him/her up.

never really liked white Rados but from that front angle shot, with the white bumper etc, they could grow on me 8)

as said above, have a little hunt around the forum, use the search function, and you'll find several possible solutions to the Spoiler and MFA problems you have :)

good luck mate, and welcome to the forum

Must admit, white is not my first choice at all. and it nearly put me off even going to view the car, they was a met grey one, which is my fav car colour, but it needed more work, had not much MOT and was alot further away, so I had to have white !

I have had a search around, nut most posts seem to be, peoples spoilers work on swich but not 45mph, and the answer seems to be to do with the blue and white wire.

Mine doesn't work of switch or the speed, it has a positive at the switch, I couldn't find a blue/white wire anywhere behind the stereo, and all wires seem to be intact !

Cheers guys

Wilson

whats with the exclamation marks in everyones replies tonight? ;)

I said I 'never really liked them' and then said they've grown on me :)

as I said, they have grown on me, and I actually quite like them, wouldn't be my first choice, but they are different, and have a unique look about them

Bit scurffy round the edges my ..s! Looks like a stunner mate, good work. and a warm welcome to the forum.

Several serious radoers round your way for tips and help amigo.

Get her along to E38 this summer and meet some of us, be nice to see you there.

Bit scurffy round the edges my ..s! Looks like a stunner mate, good work. and a warm welcome to the forum.

Thanks mate, well as I said I have spent the weekend cleaning it up, it does look VERY different to when I picked it up, there is one scab of rust on a rear arch, and one on the front, but i've covered them reasonably well for now, and a little surface under the petrol cap, which looks better now I polished it off. doors could do with some work.. one is difficult to close and the other is difficult to open, but i'll get it sorted at some point.

thanks for comments, this forum looks a real goodun, having had a look around

thanks

Wilson

whats with the exclamation marks in everyones replies tonight?

I said I 'never really liked them' and then said they've grown on me

...getting a bit paranoid dave ? :lol: ...... leave the herb alone fella :) !!!!!!!!

Hi there, looks like a good buy you got there.

No doubt we'll see you around soon