popper

brake pads rubbing

Recently had a wheel bearing done on my vr, and since it was done ive had a rubbing sound coming from that wheel. Took the wheel off to have a look and it appears that there is no space between the pads and disk hence rubbing. How do I adjust this? I would take it back to the garage, but its a bit far for me to go if its just a minor adjustment.

There shouldn't be any noticable space between them mate...

Jack it up and try and turn the wheel by hand, that should show if the brakes are binding, also compare it to the other side...

If it kind of rubs every turn on something or goes 'tight' then it could be the disc is not sitting flat on the hub (ie there was some dirt when they refited it)

Agreed, check this first. Ideal if you could do this your self, ie less hassle.

Otherwise it could be a warped disc. Or as you say, the caliper could be binding on (which can be fixed), but its all bit of a coincidence.

Go back garage if you have problems. Presume you trust them.

Don't want to be a doommonger, but had that on my valver after a bearing change. Actually, the brakes squealed whilst driving, very annoying, found they'd bent the hub flange so it was running out of true. They refitted the lot new foc when I took it back though.

i have this exact problem on my vr6, get a grinding noise that goes whoosh whoosh whoosh as the wheel turns, it only does this when driving though.