Sign in to follow this  
ardandy

Lock Ups

The one thing that holds me back when doing my own work on a car is that I've nowhere to do it. So I've being thinking! (I know, I'm scared too! :idea: )

How much would a lock up/small unit/somewhere I could work on a car be a month roughly?

£40-50 pm here mate. people tend to snapp them up from outa town as parking is £5+ a day for work. Which makes it seem like a bargain to some.

i also looked into this and all depends on what size you want. in and around bolton you can expect to pay any thing from £100 to £300 a month. and most places wont let you have them as its more money for them to let to small buisness's. also alot of people don't like cars in there lock ups due to insurance issue's/cost

It's generally £40-£50 pm out of town, in a city as s.g. says it can skyrocket.

However I have a lock-up where I keep my car and if I'm totally honest it is only that - a lock-up. Most garages are too small to work on the car in as well. A standard sized garage is just wide enough to get the car in, but due to the width of the car you have to push it in as you can't open the doors.

When I got my lock-up I looked for a year for a double garage. There are only 3 in the outskirts of birmingham available for rent at a cost of £40 per month, however they all have about a 6 year waiting list!!!!

The one thing that holds me back when doing my own work on a car is that I've nowhere to do it. So I've being thinking! (I know, I'm scared too! :idea: )

How much would a lock up/small unit/somewhere I could work on a car be a month roughly?

Never held me back. :wink:

again never stopped me

and me thats why i am doing mine on the drive :lol:

I've got J-DUB in a 40' container in a storage yard... Currently, she's had the front suspension taken off, a new front wing fitted and will have new front suspension fitted all inside the container... about the only thing I don't think I could do in there is respray her 'cos it's just that little bit toooo narrow...

I'm paying £125 a month for the lockup which is alarmed and has 24hour pre-arranged access... 8)