Sign in to follow this  
wilson

MFA

My MFA is blank, shows nothing, is there any common faults or is it knackered? what parts to replace etc etc

check fuses. think its one in from the right?

None are blown. but from memory that one is missing...!

Back in sec !

What about if the MFA works, but clock and trip reset when ignition is turned off and back on. Also the interior light doesnt work, nor does the light for the vanity mirror, any connection between these probs? checked the fuses and non seem to have blown.

Critical_Mass, check the fuses again mate.

I did the same as ardandy and replaced all the fuses plus all the relays too... at least you know where you are then with a 12-15 year old car...

The fuse thats one from the right controls the int light, power to the mfa when ignitions off (I assume) and also sent my alarm going nuts!

Trust me, for £7-8 it's worth replacing them all.

No, but the prob you have is identical to what I had a few weeks back and that was the fuse. Played havoc with quite a few electrics and its just one fuse.

I did take the relays out and reseated them, also make sure the contacts are clean. Relays are prob about £10-£12 each????

I have the exact same problem right now and I identified the offending fuse no worries. However when I try to insert a new fuse (20amp) it blows even as I'm putting it in. Do I need to follow some proceedure to insert the new fuse, or where should I look to find the root of the problem?

Could it be one of the relays already mentioned above?

This is my first ever post, so please be nice!

Mark

Castro, Welcome to the forum...

You have a short somewhere on that circuit to blow a 20a - what fuse is it...??

You'll need to look in the manual and see what else is on the circuit and start unplugging stuff until you find the problem

Yes welcome Mark, agree with Supercharged unplug things until to eliminate whats wrong, on mine the interior light and the passenger sunblind mirror light runs of the same fuse. so could be a problem there also

Ive got that prob though. Has the Cig lighter stopped working too?

Yes I forgot, the cig lighter was also on same fuse

Thanks for the welcome and for the advice.

Now for my next question; what manual are you refering to? There's no Haynes manual that I'm aware of, and surely the owner's manual doesn't give that sort of info does it? Is it a workshop manual that you've got?

I need to know what else is on the same circuit. MFA memory, interior light & sunroof I know because they don't work. Cigar lighter & sunvisor mirror light have also been suggested (I wouldn't have noticed since I don't use these).

Any suggestions regarding the wiring (apologies if I'm covering old ground here)

Thanks

I need to know what else is on the same circuit. MFA memory, interior light & sunroof I know because they don't work. Cigar lighter & sunvisor mirror light have also been suggested (I wouldn't have noticed since I don't use these).

Just to note, on mine (1990 1.8 16v) the sunroof was not using the same fuse, as this worked prior to me replacing the fuse.