Sign in to follow this  
mo_527

quick help please

Depends whats wrong with them really, if the sunroof panel is scratched its a pretty easy self-fix, parts are about £45.

Don't know about the sunroof though!

Adam

my C is going to the local VW stealer on Monday to get a new sunroof motor, cables, lubing & labour for £168 (I had an intermitant motor, thought I might aswell get the rest done while they were there)

Supercharged, hello mate went and had a look at the c and the sun roof would only tilt the spoiler would work only manually fog lights wernt working and there was a rattling noise coming from the of the exaust by the driver side when i would rev the car and he wanted £2375 l reg 114960 mile what you reckon

Hmmm - i'd only pay that if the body work was pristine...

The faults may all be simply electrical ones but if he's not bothered to get a rattly exhaust fixed before sale you gotta wonder what else he's skimped on...

Foggystorm, just a quick one but what main stealer did you take the C to get your sunroof fixed? As I took mine into Breeze (Southampton) and the geezer said it could possably cost me £800 as there greese monkeys are on £100 quid an hour, I picked up the cable repair kit took a sunday (6 long fecking hours start to finnish) and fixed it my self in the end. Just wondering as if there going to replace the cable's for you they will need to drop the sunroof out of the car which is going to take bloody hours!

It is Motor Services in Chippenham, which is a VW service centre and part of the Motor Services in Bath dealership. Their labour charges are about £68 per hour and he reacons it will take about an hour to do it. It is getting done on monday so I will let you know exactly how much it will be then, but they have been pretty reasonable with everything else that I have had done there and I have been getting my Passat serviced and maintained there too for the last year or so