Sign in to follow this  
BeavisJem

Strange Clifford alarm problem

Recently i have been ahving problems with my clifford concept 550 alarm.

When ever i locked it the chimes didn;t sound.

Then sometimes the car wont unlock, like the battery in the fob was dead.

So i brought a new fob and all was fine for about a week.

Now i disconnected the earth on my battery to change the earth strap and when i re attached it the alarm work perfectly. Hmmmmm

So thought all was good untill about a week later the chimes dissapeard followed by not being able to unlock it.

I decided to disconnect the earth again and reconnect and bingo it worked. I clean up all the earth leads and did them up nice and tight.

Again after a week the chimes stopped and couldn;t unlock.

OK....it seems like the alarm isn;t getting a good current to keep the brain and the siren charged, therfore it runs out of power after about a week and then i can't unlock the doors

Anyone have a clue whats going on with my alarm.

Cheers

Beavisjem

Can you see where abouts on the loom the powers have been connected or are they hidden? They will have fuse holders on a loop near to them.

Set the Alarm off and let it run through a cycle, daft as it sounds, it may solve the problem. I've had a few car alarms do similar things, and just setting them off has sorted them. there is no reason for it too i know. but its a cheap fix if it works

Hi guys the alarm is still playing silly buggers.

None of the fuses were blown but when i pulled one out (the 5amp one) and put it back in the alarm came back to life and started acting normal with all the bleeps and noises it should. Then after about 4-5 days it goes back to its usual tricks of not opening or making any noises when i arm or disarm.

TIMMYVR, i've just pm'ed you about some supersprint stuff :)

Anyone got any ideas about my alarm. Got stuck outside my G/F house at 4am and couldn;t disarm my car, got in it and the alarm went off for a couple of mins. Neighbours were not impressed.

I think that its loosing charge or somthing but when i reconnect it it works.

I'm confused

Please help

I had the exact same thing happen. I have the clifford rs 3.5 . what it was was the remote. i replaced the remote and havent had a single problem since. Yours could be different but thats what solved mine. And until you get it working right ,to unlock it when it doesnt work hit the car, the alarm will go off and then push the lock/unlock button on the remote. it will turn it off and you should be able to get in. At least this way worked for me

Corradokid135, thanks for the reply.

I changed the remote aswell because it occasionally gave me a strange low note when i unlocked. Which i think is the car telling you the remoe battery is low, anywyas i brought a new remote.

Didn;t solve the problem :cry:

Thanks for the suggestion.

Hmm starting to annoy me now.

Got up this morning and the thing wouldn;t open. Wouldn;t disarm, opend the door with key set off the alarm sitll couldn;t stop the thing. Had to get another fob.

Going to replace the bateries in both alarm fobs today. Did this about a month ago.

I really don't want to go to Norwich InCar Entertainment (NICE) in norwich to get it sorted. They seem to be the only clifford dealers near me.

When i went in before they wanted £60 to look at my alarm and just from what i had told them they diagnosed it as a faulty siren (£80) and they still wanted £60 to look at it.

It wasn't even the siren that was faulty........

Anyone?

could be the siren battery back stopping the alarm from chirping when you lock but the unlock is probably the button on the key fob. you can reprogram the button layout to see if this helps it tells you how in your manual.

also where are you getting your batteries from as i have had batteries only last me half a dozen presses before giving up. check there voltage and they should be at least 3.2 volts when new, if not try a differant make.