Sign in to follow this  
HWMarc

Low Manifold Vacuum

Getting less than 10 should be greater than 15 on Intake Manifold Vaccuum with Guage reading.

Idles like crap. Barely runs. Checked Cam gear and Crank and they look like they're synched correctly. ANy chance of shearing the Cam Gear Key???

Car sat for almost a year. Yanked all the old gas. Plugs/Cap /Rotor replaced.

No unusual sounds.

:roll: Thanks Marc

i only get 12 -13 on my g60and was told this was normal, so your not that far down.

could be a ign timing prob or an air leak. try all vacuum hoses as the end rubber bits perish. whilst running spray on carb cleaner and if leaking the gauge will go up momenterally.

good luck

I've done the carb spray and no change in the vacuum. Timing set as close as possible ~4-6BDTC.

It lumbers at idle as if it had an old V8 racing cam...

Alot of black smoke.

Can someone tell me when everything is at TDC where the "Germany" stamoing on the CAM Gear is?

Automatic Trans - Access port to view flywheel doesn't show mark and TDC. How am I supposed to time it, other than guessing on the lower front belt cover and a vac guage.?

black smoke usually indicates over fuelling doesnt it? if the airflow meter is goosed and telling the ecu the engine is on full throttle it will over fuel. happened to my mates cav turbo. ran fine on full throttle but wouldnt tick over due to the over fueling :?