Sign in to follow this  
aposegil

what do i do???

Hello guys

As some of you know im getting the car fixed very soon and in preparation for this im trying to "build" the next stage of the car but ive come to dead end

Basically here are my two options

1, take the side skirts off, also the rear bumper skirt and put a original vr front bumper with the deep 90mm spolier and go for the euro look (which by the way is looking very tempting.

2, get a new front bumper and keep the fast and furious look. The only prob i cant find a after market bumper in ABS plastic (not doing carbon fibre again) that i like. The only thing at the mo im considering is the rieger new front bumper. Still no luck from DSP :-(.

what do you guys think

alex

2.1 16v

The only prob i cant find a after market bumper in ABS plastic (not doing carbon fibre again) that i like. The only thing at the mo im considering is the rieger new front bumper. Still no luck from DSP .

The Rieger front bumpers aren't all full bumpers, so be aware of this when you look at them. Their R-RS that I wanted is only the bottom half of the bumper and has to be bonded onto the original which you have to cut along the line of the bottom of the fogs/indicators :shock: Don't fancy that much! :?

It's a hard decision on a car like yours... I really prefer the original lines of the 'rado, but a tastefully 'kitted car like yours also has started to appeal to me recently... :)

I think that I'd go for the euro style option if, by that, you mean low, smooth and clean original lines with a killer paint job and wheels... 8)

If you find any ABS RS style bumpers, let me know please! I'm getting desperate for one for my project! :roll: :lol:

Good luck with your decision... 8)

Hello Henny

Hows it going??? any luck with the engine??? or shall i not ask :oops:

Anyway yes you are correct that rieger's RS front bumper is only half a bumper but they have a new one out think its called RX and thats a complete bumper which sits over the old frame and mounts.

As far as i know the only half bumper rieger does for a corrado is the RS otherwise the rest of their range I think about 4 different kind of bumpers are complete ABS units

Also yes the car already will have silk smooth look and im not going to give away which wheels but they will certainly be different :p

I cant remember who does a ABS plastic bumper but when i get home ill have a look for you

You star! :D I knew that rieger were doing an ABS RS style front bumper but no-one knew what it was called or where to get one from! :roll: I'd appreiciate it if you could find that info out for me.... :D 8)

I thought that a couple of their other bumpers were also half bumpers too... Must have got my wires crossed somewhere along the line... :oops:

The engine is gonna be good... I don't think that there was as much damage caused when the bolt sheared as I feared, but I'm gonna rebuild it anyway! :lol: 2litres of balanced G60 fun with some other little "tweaks" along the way! It's gonna be fun! :lol: 8)

Interesting wheels? Plenty out there, and having chatted to you I can bet they'll be something just that little bit different to be really interesting! :D 8)

Can't wait to see what you are gonna pull out of the bag with your car. Just make sure you steer clear of foxes, and people in Mercs :)

you could mix your styles about. thats probably the best way to do it. i like clean smooth lines but you could do any type of wheel to change the look of the car. i havr OZ racing wheels i love, but i think the car could also pull off some AMG style rims without changing the bodywork to fit. big fan of euro stuff tho. you thinkin about a colour change?

Henny have a look here

riegers official site

http://www.riegertuning.de/en/Modelshow ... rrado.html

also i think your thinking of the clip on spoliers at the bottom of the bumper which rieger do

Also Jim planning to keep away from cinema car parks and superstored for that matter as for rabbits thats there choice

Every rabbit thats always come up against me has lost out lol :p :evil: :twisted: lol

sorry ill get my coat now