Sign in to follow this  
BigTartanJudge

Rear bumper early / late compatibility ?

Hep peeps,

Would anyone know if a rear bumper from a 92-95 corrado will fit or use same mounts as a 1991 car ? I need to get hold of a rear bumper (must be new or as new) ASAP and need to know if later ones will fit, are there any differences between them at all ? Unless they use completely different type mounts or diff. mount points is there any reason why they are not interchangeable ? Can any of the rado breakers out there help with this ?

Here are the part numbers I have found:

831440060 REAR BUMPER CORRADO 89-91 CORRADO PRIMERED

(Bumper Up to 50M-035000)

831440370 REAR BUMPER CORRADO 92-95 CORRADO PRIMERED

(Bumper From 50N-000001)

What does the "50M" and "50N" and the numbers denote, are these months, if I can find date of first reg of my car, is it poss that later rear bumper is the correct one anyway ? It's just that my car is a 1992 so MIGHT be ok, would need to know what those letters / numbers mean though and find out date of manufacture I guess,

Cheers

BigTartanJudge

The early bumpers have a small line near the top that turns up towards the ends, it goes straight on and fades out on the late ones.

I would imagine they mount the same, but am not sure.

So it's a cosmetic / aesthetic issue then and not a fitting / mounting problem then ? If that's all it is I may be in luck, but I would like confirmation from someone in the know about these things,

Cheers