Sign in to follow this  
DelMonty

Hello again

Hello everyone, I'm relatively new to the forum, and never did post a newbie 'Hello' thread when I did join, so here it is. I've owned a Corrado VR6 for around 2 and a half years, and am very happy with it, despite the minor niggling problems it has. I had to take it off the road in March, which is why I haven't visited as mush as I used to, but I plan to get back on the road in October, and really can't wait after running around in a 1.3 Mk2 Golf with no PAS, it has done a great job and never let me down, but it's not quite a Corrado :)

Another reason is I've just come back from a weekend at the Nurburgring with some members of the 306 Gti-6 owners club, one of which is an old school friend, and would love to get the 'Rado back on the road and take it over, despite all the set-backs we had, in that out of the 7 cars that went, only 5 returned (someone crashed, and another developed an electrical fault and was left in Germany to be fixed). A top weekend though despite this, so many nice cars, not just on the track, but in the car parks and driving around the general area. Got overtaken by a McLaren SLR on the ring (sounded like a helicopter)! Surprisingly I only saw 2 Corrado's all the time I was there!

welcome mate

your car sounds nice

doesnt look standard from your avatar pic (momo`s? and cc`d splitter)

lets have some more pics

ben

Thanks, your right on the wheels, Momo Arrows, and the cc'd bumper was done by previous owner.

It needs a few things fixing, for the MOT new tyres, engine mount near gearbox, and the strange problem where the number plate lights go out when the boot is closed :? , will be investigating this weekend.

After MOT it'll be:

Minor leak from offside driveshaft where it joins gearbox

Cooling after-run problem (covered in a thread on here somewhere)

Clutch (currently sometimes get judder when pulling away in 1st)

Weakish handbrake (despite newish discs and pads)

Spoiler mech (one side doesnt go down, but goes up strangely)

Rear axle bushes

Driver heated seat thermostat not working (can get v hot!)

Heated mirrors not working

Interior rattles

Minor dent in rear quater panel

Wheel refurb

Stone chip removal

A few problems, but nothing too expensive, mainly just niggling little things. Hoping to do as much of the work I can myself.

After all that's done, it'll be time to tune :D