Sign in to follow this  
J50DUB

urgent help required!

Hi

My corrado struggles to start from cold, or basically after its been left 2/3hours or more. It fires but sounds really rough and occasianally pops, it wont idle or start without lots of effort... i.e pedal too the floor turning the key several times then evntually she'll go, but is really rough and is very hard to keep running as she wont idle!

Also, she always stinks of petrol. I found that hitting the idle stabilization valve caused it too start and idle fine but this only has happened once and i think i was lucky too be honest, now if i hit the idle stabilzation valve it will seem to strat not idle then die again.

I have tried too set the timing up only for it not too start at all with the red wire next too the coil undone and the breather if i take the brether pipe off it just kills the engine. So as you can see, im struggling here !! i think that shes running miles too rich personally, im not sure though but i hope so.

any advise appreciated !! please help me sort my car !! I had too drive at 10mph because it wouldnt go and faster till it wanted too today it just sat there sounding like sh*t .. also when shes warm everythings fine! my dad mentioned a maf?? is there one on my car???

**Mod edit-added a few punctuation marks to make it more readable**