Sign in to follow this  
davidwatsonok

Corrado Gatecrashes Subaru Party

Lovely colour. Is that light grey metallic? :)

If it is and it's yours, have you removed the side strips??

If so could you post me some pics as I am trying to decide whether to or not.

Thanks ;)

Whats all this...

"Although not competing, Corradogirl (wry smile ) was present. Cheers for pride of place in the 4th pic down (and present in the 3rd) Dox. A good day out, look forward to the next one. Maybe by then I'll have a proper car! "

Posted by 'corradoboy' at the bottom of that page. You wouldnt happen to be this man would you??

BURN THE HEATHEN!

:lol:

I am the one, the only, the unique, and the not for much longer VW driving CORRADOBOY. Sorry guys, but the money will be available soon and I'm afraid I shall be changing marques. 246bhp and 4WD along with Jap reliability and handling every bit as good as the C is too much temptation to bear. Anyone interested in buying a '91 1.8 16V 100k (2k on new engine) with Cat1/Tracker full Scorpion S/S and K&N 17's in Vgood condition ?

Ooh, by the way, no, I haven't removed the side strips. Colour coded the grille and h/light surrounds though.

Thanks a lot :)

Just made me realise how much mine could benefit from a good wax. Def gonna get it sorted ASAP 8)

Looks great

Like the wheels, could do with being a touch lower tho. Are they Khans? I had them on my old gti, kinda regred not taking them off when I sold it on :/

I also need to get some pics up of mine....had it for months now. you not

tempted to tint the rear lights? I wasnt sure about them on mine when I

got it, but it makes the rear look really clean now I think

All the suspension is new O/E so I ain't changing it again (did a full job on every component that rolls/bounces on all corners when I put in the engine, clutch & 'box). The wheels are Fox6. Got a cracking deal, all 4 for £450 inc tyres. I'm not that impressed with them though, I buckled both fronts within a fortnight (Leeds roads are appauling).

Oh, I forgot you asked about the lights. I'm not a fan of tinting but I've seen some crystal looks but at £320 I don't think I'll bother. That'll buy me a camera sensor. Much better VFM.

Hehe, only the once,

The day I got it actually. They stopped me but I think it was more an excuse to have a look about. they made me put on indicators and brakes. Then one of them proceeded to get in the car and start revving the engine :shock:

From then on he just asked about car, more out of interest. Then sent me on my way.

I think the silver/grey suits the tints. If I ever get this sodding picture up!

lol :)

Bet he knew fine well and was just being pedantic :)

I guess they just stopped me as it was a new car about town with young driver. They asked if I had insurance/mot etc.. and then never asked to see it.

Didn't bother me tho, they were polite enough and I wasn't in a hurry. PLus I had just got the car and its was way better than their crappy Vauxhall :twisted: :lol:

Do the guys on here ever arrange any meets or runs? The Scooby mob are very active, but it would be nice to catch up with a few Corrado owners before I move on.

I'm in Leeds, so we have the beautiful Yorkshire Dales to abuse.