Sign in to follow this  
andyVR6

406 2.0 turbo conversion into a pug 205. any info?

a friends just got hold of a 2litre turbo lump, box, loom and ecu out of a 406 and hes wanting to put it in his 205 gti. the engines a direct swap but the wiring is going to be the hard bit. cant find a thing on the net and most of the forums require stupid registering techniques. so i though i'd ask you lot first as you might know something or someone thats done it.

The only thing i did find was a company called ecosse that will do the conversion for you for just over 4k which seems abit steep considering hes just got the engine for £400 and it came with a rolling shell and a 1.9 engine. he's practically made his money back already by stripping it.

+ does anyone know if the 406s had an immobilser built into the ecu?

commonish conversion, seen as the next step up from the 405 MI16 conversion. Speak to Claire at peugeot ecosse. Very helpful with a world of info

HTH

Gav

cant see them letting too much info slip off the end of there tongue seen as tho they do the conversion themselves for the pricely sum of 4k+. found quite a bit on the mi16 and 306 gti-6 conversions but nothing on the 2.0 turbo.

i've seen plenty of 1.6 and 1.9 gti's with the turbo technics conversion but thats about it.