Sign in to follow this  
spoier

Getting at the fusebox

Am I crazy or is the fuse box supposed to be able to "unclip" and drop down so you can get at it easier?

Are you supposed to just unclip the two white tabs on the side and then what? if anyone could describe the procedure, it would help a lot.. its a very small space so learning by experimenting isn't working very well for me ;)

Thanks,

Skye

fusebox.jpg

Hi Skye,

Working from memory here but..

The fuse box has a plastic suspension pivot on each side. These locate into vertical (almost) slots cut into the two sheet steel carriage plates. The plastic clips both need to come off to allow removal of the fuse box; they are basically there to provide some lateral pressure to stop the fuse box dropping onto your feet when you are bouncing down the road. One of them pulls out quite easily; the other one (I think the onw you photoed) is a bit more interesting. It has a small peg on its outer face which locates into a hole on the carriage plate so you have to push the top part of the clip in towards the fuse box so that the peg clears and you can then pull the clip off. You will then be able to lift the box away from the plates. Hope that makes sense. It will once you get it apart. You will find that the cabling is all pretty tight though so you still don't get a lot of space to work in.

HTH

Chris

Thanks! As long as I can get to the back of it, so I can put a tap in the HP oil pressure sensor wire where it leaves for the inst cluster, it's all good. That way I can test if my beep beep beep oil pressure warning buzzer is coming on because of a break in the wire, or a faulty circuit in the inst cluster (I've eliminated every other possibility)

Skye

OK, yeah I remember being highly amusing (not) by suggesting you put oil in it. Let us all know whether this gets the problem