herisites

Rob's R32 Corrado - FOR SALE :(

That heater matrix does look a tad triky! :shock:

This cars gonna be awesome once that chargers on.

Its not too bad really, its just basically undoing lots of screws :lol: you just need to remember which parts go where but you cant get it wrong really because all the plugs are specifically for each button/switch.

Yeah its going to be pretty awesome, its all about the show AND go, i wanna look good as i piss past other cars :lol:

That u most certainly will do.

If it were my wheels and car i would not put 7.5 on the front and 9 on the back, just really dont like that look, keep it phat yes but find some wheels that will clear the brakes, may be hard work to find the style and size you like but will be more than worth it when u finally get some.

That things gonna fly, what kind of figures are expected out of the VR6+rotrex?

That u most certainly will do.

If it were my wheels and car i would not put 7.5 on the front and 9 on the back, just really dont like that look, keep it phat yes but find some wheels that will clear the brakes, may be hard work to find the style and size you like but will be more than worth it when u finally get some.

That things gonna fly, what kind of figures are expected out of the VR6+rotrex?

Yeah the wheels are really hard to decide on! I love how my brocks look, im also not keen on the 7.5 fronts myself BUT the 9's are so damn uncomfortable for a daily driver, the 9's up front are a pig for torque steer and tramlining as it is so it will be terrible with the supercharger on it :shock: so 7.5's are the sensible choice OR just get rid of the brocks altogether and go for some sensible and light 7 x 16's all round that will make be much better with the extra power, thinking something like BBS RX2's from the mk3 anniversary!

Im only going to be running 8psi from the charger to start with which on these rotrex's is barely ticking over, it should run about 280bhp. But these Rotrex's can take more boost and go up to 400bhp! So when funds allow all i need to do is fit a spacer head gasket to lower the compression and fit some ARP non stretch head and conrod bolts and i could run 350bhp all day long :D

Rob, I think you should give the 7.5 fronts a go if you can afford to - you can always still change afterwards if they don't look right. Given that you love the wheels so much it would be a shame not to give them a last chance. Even though mixing the sizes might not always work, you know it does on Nikki's so its got to be worth a try!

Good stuff then :D

Well im on 17x7.5 compomotives which are lighter wheels, standard diff and dont get hardly any torque steer, i just dont the look on the back with the wheels but its made to be driven fast so like you i dont want stupidly wide wheels.

Rob, I think you should give the 7.5 fronts a go if you can afford to - you can always still change afterwards if they don't look right. Given that you love the wheels so much it would be a shame not to give them a last chance. Even though mixing the sizes might not always work, you know it does on Nikki's so its got to be worth a try!

Well tbh John once this supercharger is sorted out i have to renew my insurance which is going to be quite a bit so i will be as skint as skint can be for a bit! So i cant afford to mess around with wheels which is why i would ideally get some BBS RX2's for example now, i could put the toyos i have on my brocks on them (215/40/16) which would fit perfect and then sell the brocks to make the money back. However if i got 7.5" brocks for the front i would have to buy 2 new ones because there's no way i will find someone selling 2 second hand ones on their own, then i gotta put some tyres on them, then i have to get them sprayed the same as the rears!! And i could only sell 2 of the 9's to make some money, but whoever buys them is going to have to spend money on either spraying their other 2 the same as mine or spraying mine standard colour again! Too much hassle really where as i know for certain they will sell fast as a set, i have been asked about selling them a few times!

My car made Readers' Rides in PVW this month to my surprise! :D

She looks sexy 8)

pvw-readers-rides.jpg

Feel bad now though :( as she looks so good on the Brocks and they said that its the Brocks that make the car special so im seriously thinking maybe i should go for the 7.5" fronts after all! Doesnt matter now as the speedlines need to stay on because of my 288 brakes so she will be wearing the speedies for ed38 atleast, but just hopefully charged up so a bit more special :D

You must be well chuffed with that Rob, id love to get mine in a mag one day when she is finished...

Had a quick through thismorning before I went to work and noticed the car. Looks really sweet, polished mine up now, the colour looks much deeper when its polished. Oh, and fitted Weitecs.

you've probably looked at this already but how far off the hubs would 7.5" brocks be? could you not space them out a wee bit? you'll probably see some new wheels you want at e38 anyhow :lol:

you've probably looked at this already but how far off the hubs would 7.5" brocks be? could you not space them out a wee bit? you'll probably see some new wheels you want at e38 anyhow :lol:

As far as i know mate 7.5's CAN be done with the 288's as i know a guy whos running them on a highline. Its just the dish design on the 9's and the offset that are the problem, i could get my 9's over them but i would need to space them out about 10mm which would look stupid, drive even worse and catch the arches! Whereas the 7.5's have a much slimmer dish and the spokes dont cut so low down so they will clear the brakes and would be a damn site nicer to drive with! But like i mentioned above its going to be more money for them which for a while i cant spare so will have to stick with speedies until i have some money spare and know what im doing!

why not post a wanted topic with a view to swop a pair of 7.5's for a pair of 9's... then you both get a good look out of the deal and no money need change hands.... if there is someone with the wheels that is?

why not post a wanted topic with a view to swop a pair of 7.5's for a pair of 9's... then you both get a good look out of the deal and no money need change hands.... if there is someone with the wheels that is?

Bar the cost of having them matched to the rears.. ;)

Rob you may also want to consider upping to 312's ? :lol:

Tbh guys the wheels arent top priority at the moment, getting the supercharger done and getting the car insured are! If i have enough money left over after insuring it (which is doubtful!) then i will sort the wheel situation out but for now the speedlines will be staying on as they can accomodate my 288's and it still looks good!

Tbh guys the wheels arent top priority at the moment, getting the supercharger done and getting the car insured are! If i have enough money left over after insuring it (which is doubtful!) then i will sort the wheel situation out but for now the speedlines will be staying on as they can accomodate my 288's and it still looks good!

Paint them Black..... Paint them Black.......

"Don't look at this.... Splumph!

erm i thought you werent taking it back to uni? is the insurance gonna run out before then... how rude! :lol: what sort of difference is the charger gonna make to the insurance? make sure you tell them you've uprated the brakes, when i spoke to adrian flux a little while back about turbos and engine transplants it was cheaper specing better brakes or at least the brakes from the car the engine came from :D. good luck though its not fun finding insurance! especially if your 20ish modded group 18 car and technically a student... all the points they're looking for :D

erm i thought you werent taking it back to uni? is the insurance gonna run out before then... how rude! :lol: what sort of difference is the charger gonna make to the insurance? make sure you tell them you've uprated the brakes, when i spoke to adrian flux a little while back about turbos and engine transplants it was cheaper specing better brakes or at least the brakes from the car the engine came from :D. good luck though its not fun finding insurance! especially if your 20ish modded group 18 car and technically a student... all the points they're looking for :D

Im not taking it to uni, but i will be taking it to my mates house and getting a lift to uni with him up until i get a mk1. My insurance actually runs out next week :( and i havent got the money yet as im counting on completing a website i have been working on for a little while to pay the majority of it. I did get some quotes though, started off as standard with most companies you see on telly and here are some ideas of prices for standard car at 21 years old, passed 3 years with 2 years ncb:

* The AA (who i currently with!) - £1042.77 fully comp and £1077.99 TPFT, dunno how that works out :?

* Tesco - £1214.85 fully comp, thats more than i paid last year :shock: and £995.40 TPFT.

* Churchill - £1246.35 fully comp :shock: and £1223.35 TPFT!

Then we start getting somewhere!

* Admiral - £996.63 fully comp and £952.88 TPFT

* Elephant - £930.12 fully comp and £889.88 TPFT

* Bell - £926.45 fully comp and £860.13 TPFT

* Direct Line - £866.25 fully comp and £915 TPFT

Then i tried HIC and get this, for a standard car they quoted me £583.60 fully comp!!! And then i declared all mods apart from the supercharger and the quote was exactly the same!! Then i got a quote with the supercharger and all other mods and it went up to £930 fully comp!

I havent tried Adrian Flux or Brentacre yet but so far HIC are certainly living up to their reputation! :D

:lol:

I heard you the first time!! NO! :lol:

Paint them Signal Orange then

Orange wheels on a purple car :pukeright:

Maybe i should try the Gulf oil colours ay Jon :wink: :lol:

Orange wheels on a purple car :pukeright:

Maybe i should try the Gulf oil colours ay Jon :wink: :lol:

Or Pink...

Or NOT :lol: