Sign in to follow this  
corradostuff

Fitting Wing

Does anyone know if the wings are different for the new and old model Corrados, or are they the same design and fitting?

I need to replace my driver's side wing but don't want to get one that won't fit! Also is this an easy job (or are they welded in place?)

i know that VRs are different from past experience they are flared more to accomodate the wider track. dont know if the later models used the same wings. sure somone will be along to help

Does anyone know if the wings are different for the new and old model Corrados, or are they the same design and fitting?

I need to replace my driver's side wing but don't want to get one that won't fit! Also is this an easy job (or are they welded in place?)

post 92 (facelift) cars have wider wings (all engines) although all will fit any year of C. There's more than a couple of cars knocking around with one type on one side and another on the other :)

I recently replaced a wing and is not a difficult job (I'm not an experienced DIYer). It's not welded, there are bolts inside the bonnett, behind the door, and one just under the sill behind the wheel. Also you need to detach the wheelarch liner.

After that you need to unbolt the front bumper (2 large bolts that you need to go underneath to get to) and there's one more bolt on the side to remove the wing. It should come off quite easily now.

Mark

it can be done without removing the bumper. the bottom bolt inside the bumer is fidly to get back in but easier than removing bumper.

Lovely... thanks for the advice everyone. My car is Dec 92 and I was looking at getting a wing in the right colour but from a 91 car. Now I'll hang on to find a later model as I want it right on both sides 8)

Cheers for the removal tips too, will come in very handy :D