Sign in to follow this  
IainT

MAF and Geometery questions

A couple of questions for the wise.

What are the 'offical' wheel geometery settings for a 95 VR6 on standard Speedlines? If I take it to a non VAG garage I want to ensure he has got the correct settings. I am not too knowledgeable about this, is it Camber, Castor and Toe for the front and just a check on the back? There seems to be a bit of a difference between posts by different owners. If the C is lowered and or gets bigger rims do these settings change?

I read somewhere that if, while at operating temp you remove the MAF cable plug at the air filter housing and you get no noticable change in engine rpm or running that the MAF is ****** (Broken). Are there any other checks I should perform? Can it be repaired / cleaned? Any other options to shelling out £170 for a new one?

Many thanks in advance for all advice anyone can give me

ok here goes.........this is going by the data from my geometry setting done in 2002 by Star-Performance on their VAG 1813 machine with standard 15inch wheels(albeit BBS solitudes)and also on standard suspension on my 1995 Storm

Castor

+3.25 +/-0.30

Toe out on turns

-1.30 +/-0.20

Front axle

Camber.............-1.20 +/-0.20

Toe..................+0.00 +/-0.05

Rear axle

Camber............-1.30 +/-0.10

Toe..................+0.10 +/-0.05

hopefully that should help you :wink:

Thanks to you both.

I noticed to late what category the post went into, you learn something new every day

Cheers

Iain

I have just received my Bentley manual and can confirm that your data for wheel alignment is correct for the VR6, 4 cylinder engines use differant data. :!: