Sign in to follow this  
20valver

Weitec shocks

had a set on my MK1 16V, pritty good felt as good as a Koni set i also had, no probs with buil quality either.

hth.

they were on my vr when i bought it, i've had no problems, the car handles well so i cant see any reason to change them!

I fitted some on my 16V in 1999. I took them off and they have now done about 40k in total on my G60 Golf. They haven't rusted but the plating is no longer shiny.

Rated highly. The TX top adjustable ones,, although I just have them set on hard. If you back them off it gets a bit bouncy as the springs are pretty stiff. The 40mm kit is seriously low at the front.......... You can drop the back to suit with the rear shocks having circlips. Caused probs on my C as the jetex then battered the axle.

TUV approved, German quality. Nuff said

Gavin

i had a set a few years back....the ajuster rod flew out the front shock and put a dent in my bonnet

the rears clonked from new....all went rusty as hell in no time,although the ride was pretty good no complaints there

Cheers for the commets lads!

I think I'll have to go for some. Was thinking the non-adjustable 40mm drop set as I have a couple of mates that have had probs with adjustables in the past. And I won't spend most my time thinking they could be set slightly better!

just to confuse you some more...when mine started clonking i brought raceland dampers...theyre cheepies that get both good and bad reviews,anyhow i run these with my weitec spring and theyre great...especially for £100 ish 2 yr warrenty...worth a thought maybe??

I've had both the fixed & adjutable 40mm kit on my mk2, handling is great but a little firm. Adjustable kit is slightly softer than fixed kit when on softest damping.

Build quality is excellent, will last for years and years I reckon. Adjustable kit is much more rustproof than fixed kit.

Rear dampers do 'clunk' over bumps, everyone seems to have this problem. Only noticeable with the windows open tho.