Sign in to follow this  
quicky1980

Car going in for respray next week :-)

Ok, my rado is in for a full respray in same colour, anything I should do/know before it goes in?

What can i do to help lower the cost of the job?

Im keeping it all subtle and fingures crossed itll be done by the end of sept, fingures crossed.

Im also able to give the guy a little help which is cool of him. soon ill do a members car post

I assume you have seen some previous work by the guy painting it?

I would go through with him about the windows etc, personally I hate mask lines around windows so if it was me I would want them to be coming out.

As for lowering the cost, you would need to speak to the painter to see what he wants done, although any stripping down of trim (door handles, mirrors, window rubbers, roof trims, badges, lights, grille and so on that would save him time should save you money.

I cant remember if i stated windows out respray but ill make sure.

I have seen this guys work before, also he's got a good reputation according to people ive talked to.

Im stripping as much stuff as i can off the car (cant do windows) also hes letting me wed sand so maybe this may lower the costs

Im a little worried about the rear arches, both seem damaged and one is much worse than the other. Will it be easy for him to sort? ie parts etc?

Don't worry about Jobs that he does for a profession..... If he's an expert I'm sure he'll mention parts of the bodywork that may need replacing!!!!

Although it may be hard to fund things like this, don't always look at cutting corners to save on costs. If the price difference is a couple of hundred "pay it" because if you don't and it turns out not as good as you hoped!! you'll realise that couple of hundred was nothing in comparison to respraying it all over again...

All the best matey..