Sign in to follow this  
Bournemouth James

removeble roof corrado

I have this thought i would like to share with you

I have this dream about my corrado having a removable roof, not the whole roof and windows, cause i really dont like the look of a full convertable corrado, just the top roof pannel comming off in two parts and fitting in the boot somehow and then being fitted back on when i want, i think it would be cool in the summer, not sure if this would be possible, the surrounding area would have to be strenghthened, there would be quite alot of work in the conversion if it were to be done,

The car would look normal with the roof on with just a seam running from side to side on the roof pannel where it comes off in two parts

Just a wild dream at the moment, I wonder which companys would attempt such a job

What are your thoughts on this?

targa top rado?? would be unique! i've never seen one... a few convertibles been done but not a targa.

i would think you'd need to strengthen both sides quite well, and it would be a good bet to weld a strong bar in the middle to join the front and back.

I dont think ive seen one of those 206s

The car would still look normal with the roof off if you looked at it from the side/front or rear

With all the 1/4 pannel windows, metal door surounds and the whole boot and glass still in place

Just with no top roof pannel

Why???

Obviously you dont like my idea then

I just thought it would be nice in the summer

Like i said, just a wild dream, unlikely it would ever happen

Maybe the rest of you might have something more constructive to say

I'm just very passionate about Corrados. I've seen too many with bodykits, viper stripes and other tasteless mods. It's too good for that. Love it for what it is. Admire its purity. Enhance it subtely and tastefully, but don't make it something else. Plastic surgeons can turn an attractive woman into a blow up doll, but I know which I prefer.

Now, where's me footpump ? ;)

The easy way to have a full sunroof would be a webasco sunroof like the old minis i think they still do them !!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

my mate seen a convertible G60 down round Belfast (northern ireland) direction the other week. said it looked the dogs!! obviously a very good bodyshop!!!

marksvr6, CORRADO??????

a Corrado T-bar/targa top would be cool, but some things are best left the way they are

marksvr6, CORRADO??????

a Corrado T-bar/targa top would be cool, but some things are best left the way they are

yessir, a corrado G60 convertible. he thought it was an ACTUAL VW convertible. after I put him right he said the bodywork was absolutely spot on. looked like a factory job!

I see what you mean Janes, a huge sunroof would be cool. It might also do-away with the current sunroof problems..