Sign in to follow this  
quicky1980

Banging windows

When my window is down and i close the door i hear a bang so i had a quick look inside the door and noticed that the window was hitting the doors reinforcment bar.

should there be something to stop this happening?

I think everyones does that now. I changed the little white plastic rollers which stopped the rattle but still get the glass/bar contact when shutting the door.

I reckon it's the rubber glass guides on either side, probably not a servicable part so it would mean a complete window mechanism change.

Think i found out the reason

My drivers door is VAG glass and has a guide glued onto the the glass itself

The door glass that bangs is non vag and is missing this guide which i assume helps to stop the banging. Will put a guide on there as soo as i know which adhesive to use

quicky i see you have a 2.016v like me and you have fitted g60 brakes, what did you need to change them ?

Thx

Deluk

i had a g60 setup from my last car (golf mk2 gti 16v). all you actually need is the g60 carriers and discs.

You should use G60 callipers and pads but there arent any problems if you dont you just loose a little extra brake pad depth.

hope that helps

pm me if you need more info

No offense but the search engine works fine - you just have to know how to use it.

You can't just stick words in there as by default it will search for all instances of that word... if you want search for a string of words together, you need to put the word AND between each one.

I never struggle to find what I need to be honest.

No offense but the search engine works fine - you just have to know how to use it.

You can't just stick words in there as by default it will search for all instances of that word... if you want search for a string of words together, you need to put the word AND between each one.

I never struggle to find what I need to be honest.

I know about all the short cuts to search ie " AND OR NOT etc" but i get a little annoid when i keep being told to use the search when i already have, possibly i have missed a match to my problem but if thats the case maybe a link would be more usefull

Deluk this convo about searching is not aimed at you btw.