Sign in to follow this  
CharlieHorse

VAG COM

I bought a macbook the other week and now I can run windows. Since the only reason I would want to run windows is so I can use vag com I was thinking of buying it.

Question is... What do I need and how much is it. There is all kinds of stuff on ebay and stuff that cost £000's elsewhere. I'm confused.

A word of warning here - I have a genuine Rosstech USB OBDII dongle and 2x2 converter for earlier cars. It works just fine on my Storm, but has flatly refused to talk to any of the early VR's ECU's I've tried it on (although it talks to the ABS just fine?).

I don't know if it's a fault of the dongle itself or the USB on my laptop, but as it works on my VR I'm not too bothered.

If you want to run using your mac book with windows through boot camp or parallels desktop you will need the proper Rosstech cable, the serial>usb cables you get on ebay dont work. Well, at least the one i bought didnt. It worked with a proper windows laptop fine. I have heard reports that people have had the proper rosstech one working under bootcamp fine.